Worst Contract On Your Team

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Short term: Ennis. He brings absolutely nothing to the table, a complete non factor. If he doesn't get bought out this upcoming summer, I'm surprised.

Long term: Zach Parise. After his first season with the Wild, he hasn't been able to play a single season without losing at least a handful of games due to injury. Likable guy who's already way past his prime @ age 33 and still has 7 more years after this season with the Wild, with a cap hit of 7,538 million. Hasn't played a single game yet this season and has barely started skating on his own after a back surgery. If he can shake the injury issues once and for all (odds are against it though) he can still remain a solid player and a good leader. But probably never going to be 7,538 million solid.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Backes or Beleskey... Probably Beleskey, because he contributes more or less nothing, and his contract is only one year less than Backes.

I love Backes as a player and person and I'm really happy to have him on the team, he's a big asset, but his contract was f***ing horrible the day it was signed and it's only going to get worse. Krejci is overpaid, but not nearly as much as these two.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
End of the season it will be 8 years for $8.5m for Pacioretty, you just know Bergevin will do it

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Howard, Mrazek, Abdelkader, Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, Nielsen, Nyquist, Dekeyser and Franzen.

13 way tie.
damn, things look pretty grim for the red wings right now

at least you had dominant teams in the past few decades I guess, a dark era like this was inevitable with Holland unwilling to give up his grip on the team

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Right now Corey Perry. Future probably Fowler - 8 years is a long time to sign anyone, let alone a guy who’s not among the elite to begin with.

BerlinBlueShirt

Feb 25, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Lundqvist.

Staal, Nash, Smith and Shattenkirk are all also bad contracts.

I have to disagree. Shattenkirk is only signed for 4yrs and 6.6millions is a decent (maybe even good) deal for a good 2nd pairing D-Man who improved the Rangers powerplay a lot. I don't think it is a bad deal at all. Smith is also fine. 4yrs at slightly over 4mil a year for a good defensive D-man is not a problem and won't hurt as this contract would be tradeeable without a big problem if needed. Nash's is overpaid by ~2millions but the contract expires so I don't see the problem with the contract.

Agree with Staal of course but at least he plays like a 3million player recently so he is only overpaid by ~2millions and not a complete waste of money like last year

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
:wild

Parise by a land slide. Terrible contract which is going to be a pain in the ass years to come. He's already past his prime and still gets 7,5M/year while being injured a bit too much.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
There are so many idk what to choose

I think I can narrow it down to abdelkader or dekeyser

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Russell, Lucic, Draisaitl. Take your pick.

Russell's is probably the worst just because he's not even a year in and he's horrendous. Lucic's will probably take another year or two to really be brutal. Drai is good but overpaid by like 2mil.

Edit: Does Chiarelli's contract count? Because if so, I pick that one.

Agree about everything but gotta say, Lucic has been exactly what you wanted from him so far the first 2 years and UNTIL we see that drastic drop-off you can't say it's the "worst" contract on the team, or even one of them when you got Russell on there making what he makes. Biggest problem with Lucic contract is the back-loaded signing bonuses which means not only does he have a NTC but we basically can't even buy him out so years 6-7 will probably be brutal, lets just hope the cap continues to rise... As for Drai, he is easily overpaid by 2 mill, trying to say hes 2 mill better than Pasta is a joke and the Bruins management played hardball and won. Drai capitalized on the Oilers signing McDavid to a huge deal and a big playoffs but still not worth it as of now. We got f***ed there for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad