Worst Contract On Your Team

Reeps

Jul 27, 2017
Heres a video I made on the worst contract on every team, so I want to hear from you guys who you think is the worst contract on your favorite team. This way I can cross-reference it and see how I did!

Thanks guys!

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not only is your description of Jack Johnson as a player wrong but his contract is not the worst contract on the CBJ (his pay is in line with most second line players and his contract is expiring this season). And your senseless shots at his financial situation and his family is neither called for or professional. Epic failure.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Only bad contract I see on the Habs is Plekanec at 6M, guy is worth 3!!

luckily it expires this year.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I would pick Subban at $9M over Emelin so far. Maybe Hartnell for Nashville. Emelin would be in my top 3 for the Preds.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Subban at 9mill is the worst contract, most of the season he hasn't looked like that he's worth it at all.
Wonder if I have completely changed my opinion at the season's end.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The Avalanche's worst contract is Joe Colborne ($2.5m), who couldn't even crack the roster out of training camp.

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
I doubt there are any Jets fans that would have picked Myers for a couple reasons.

His cap hit is 5.5 but his actual pay is in the 4 mil range. Also, although he had a slow start to the year (understandably since he missed all last season), he has been great lately and more than worth his salary.

If I had to pick the worst salary on the Jets, it'd be tough. Buff is making a lot and is maybe not worth it, but he's also been playing very well this year even without scoring. Enstrom is not worth what he makes at 5.7 but this is his last year. Mason has turned it up since his rough start, but may be an expensive back up next year.

Really, the team has done well with contracts. Probably by default Buff would be the worst contract....but it's one I'm still good with.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

What? He's being paid $9 million and he's been average at best this year. Behind Josi and Ekholm this year and was behind Ellis all of last year. If you're the highest paid defenseman in the league who can't make god awful turnovers that lead to breakaways constantly.

But please, tell us who's Nashville's worst contract?

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Currently Plekanec. Dude makes $6M and he's not worth 1/3 of that anymore.

After this season? Price. $10.5M/yr until he's 38-39 is just bad, especially for a goalie, even if that goalie is Carey Price.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Eichel when his new contract kicks in. Dude's being embarrassed by McDavid, Matthews and Laine on a regular basis...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad