Worst Contract On Your Team

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Bieksa in terms of the fact that he's a black hole of suck that makes everyone he plays with worse. And he directly leads to goals against.

But Perry is making way too much money to be as useless as he is.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
idk he seems to be having a career year right now. I finally see what Babcock seen in him :laugh:

Horton has the worst contract.

Martin has been fine some games, less so others. But 2.5 million to 7ish minutes of icetime a game with zero special teams isn’t great value even if he is playing well for that time.

Horton is worse for sure, but his calm hf can at least be hidden

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Darren Helm has 3 more years AFTER this one, at 3.85.

Nielsen’s contract is pretty bad too.

Really you can pick a player at random on the Wings and there is a 50%+ chance their contract is bad, but those two are the worst right now.

Reactions: Devils090

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Ericsson is not close to Detroit's worst contract. Using goals scored (the only point you brought up) to measure the worth of a Dman, is not a good idea. Ericsson's contract is certainly not good, but Abdelkader's is far worse. I'd much rather be rid of Abdelkader's 6 years at 4.25m than Ericsson's 3 years at 4.25m

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I'd say for the Stars the three guys who aren't worth there money are Lehtonen (5.9M/1Y), Spezza (7.5M/2Y), and Hanzal (4.75M/3Y).

If I had to pick I'd say Hazal because his is the longest. If he can get back to 40 points and solid defence he'd be worth it, but his offensive side has dried up this year.

Reactions: busterlid

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Leaf Nation has been quiet so I will chime in for us.

I know HF will say it is probably Marleau but I do not mind paying extra for his intangibles.

Going to say our injured reserve guys do not matter so that gives Horton a pass.

I guess that leaves me with Bozak or Polak? Bozak just because he is having a bad year, Polak probably should not be in the league any more.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Matt Belesky : Paid 4 mil to watch games up top
David Backes: 6 mil for a 4 more years(I think its 4) is scary. Looks good this year but overpaid by 1-1.5 mil
David Krejci: Signed by Chiarelli for 7.25 mil. Another 3 years after this. Great player but way too much
Tuukka Rask: Another Chiarelli contract blunder. 7 mil for a great goalie but gets paid as an elite one which he is not.

Reactions: Estlin

DrRad

Sep 30, 2017
I disagree. Moulson's completely dead space at the moment. Okposo has at least shown he can make a line go all on his own for a few nights.

That's true. But Moulson only has 1 year left after this season, while Okposo has 6. I don't think I'd be able to take 6 more years of this seasons Okposo for 6 million.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Callahan, but if TJ doesn't pick it up he may be really bad in a few seasons.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Not sure how it’s possible Toews hasn’t come up until I mention him right now on a HFBoards contract-bashing thread.

HFBoards, I feel like I don’t even know you anymore.

Reactions: busterlid

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Not sure how it’s possible Toews hasn’t come up until I mention him right now on a HFBoards contract-bashing thread.

HFBoards, I feel like I don’t even know you anymore.

Toews is overpaid by couple of millions but it's not worst contract in the team.
7M for 7 years and NMC ! for 32 years old Seabrook, who already can't skate, pass or do anything usefull and has lowest icetime of all 6 dmen

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Hagelin is overpaid but it's not really the worst contract in the world. When HBK was going it wasn't a problem, he's just seemed pretty lost post-HBK. All said I'm glad he finally scored a goal last night!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd say for the Stars the three guys who aren't worth there money are Lehtonen (5.9M/1Y), Spezza (7.5M/2Y), and Hanzal (4.75M/3Y).

If I had to pick I'd say Hazal because his is the longest. If he can get back to 40 points and solid defence he'd be worth it, but his offensive side has dried up this year.

Its def. Hanzal . He just doesn't fit with the team outside of the PK where he has been ok ( but without him the PK is still decent ) . 5on5 he's a just a horrible fit and his line(s) have been leaking goals against and don't provide any / much offense. There's also the fact that he seems crazy injury prone ... Spezza and Lehtonen are overpaid as hell but they at least fit the team well. Hanzal does not. Having a 4th line Center making 4.75 Million a year doesn't seem like a good investment. At least we signed him "only" for 3 years and not 5 or 6 which would've been a desaster.

I mean we exposed Eakin on the expansion draft because he would've been an expensive 4th line Center and went out to sign Hanzal to be the same thing for even more money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad