Worst Avs defenseman over the last 5 seasons?

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Zanon was on another level in terms of awfulness. His only defense was blocking the puck, and his only offense was icing it.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
10mquxu.jpg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Stuart
Holden
HunnyBunny
SOB
ROB
Redmond
Zanon / Guenin

Are you saying that Stuart is the worst, or that we should start from the bottom?

Personally, I think that anyone who would choose Brad Stuart as the "worst" from this listing of Avs defenseman, must have just a personal bias against him...no way he's been a worse defenseman than Zanon or Guenin.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Are you saying that Stuart is the worst, or that we should start from the bottom?

Personally, I think that anyone who would choose Brad Stuart as the "worst" from this listing of Avs defenseman, must have just a personal bias against him...no way he's been a worse defenseman than Zanon or Guenin.

Should've cleared that up but no, I was just starting with the best and working my way down to the worst.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Could you imagine if they were all here at the same time?

Hunwick-Stuart
Holden-ROB
SOB-Guenin
Redmond
Zanon

Coached by Sacco.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A world where Greg Zanon get a two year $4.5M contract is so so unfair.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Frenchy said:
[MOD] Please note that there's a bug in the poll and it doesnt allow you to cast your vote . We are sorry for the inconvenience , tigervixxxen can make a new thread with a new poll , if she wishes to do so.

Thank you

Frenchy [MOD]

Mmmmm, this sounds fishy. Clearly Frenchy is a huge Greg Zanon fan. It's ok Frenchy, we understand. First step is admitting it. Then apologizing to everyone you've hurt because of your illness.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Maybe I'm crazy (also a fan of his) but I think Hunwick is easily the 2nd best in this group. The year we traded for him he was truly awful but the next couple years after that weren't near as bad. And I think in a 3rd pairing role he looks absolutely fine. Only reason we despised him so much is because he played 20+ mins a night under Sacco. The Zanon's and SOB's didn't play near that amount and still looked awful.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
heh, thanks for the shout out in the OP

i seriously think its guenin

someone posted a vid/gif of him pointing to a man for someone else to cover, then he himself goes and covers that man as well, comepletely leaving his man wide open for a goal. i cannot abide this kind of terrible

all the others on this list (maybe zanon) had/have some redeeming qualities. at at least zanon had experience and a wicked beard

guenin is awful

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
1) Zanon
2) Guenin
3) 20 minutes a night Hunwick

I wonder if anyone will be able to dethrone Zanon, his suckage was truly on a whole 'nother level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad