U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge 3-10 November

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Canada Red and White look quite a bit stronger than Black, but we'll see how the tournament goes.
I thought the opposite. I'm quite familiar with the drop of Ontario players. Byfield and Drysdale are the top players at their positions out of the Ontario class, and Vrbetic was arguably the best goalie in the Ontario class. Foudy and Cuylle were both drafted in the top-10. O'Rourke and Valade were both 1st rounders and no doubt in my mind Sebrango would have been there as well if not for his NCAA commitment during the draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wouldn't expect much from the USA this year. Not a very good team this year. Best players are Bordeleau, Kleven, Smilanic and Peterson.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Does anyone know why Kasper Simontaival was left off Team Finland's roster? Of all of Finland's 2002's, he's the one with the most experience at the highest levels of play. He's not injured (he got an assist in a Mestis game today) and he's not on the roster for the Finland U20 tournament in early November. Kalle Myllymaa seems like another odd absence, as he has the third-highest points per game among under-17's in B-juniors(2003-born Samu Tuomaala has the 2nd highest and he too is left off this roster).

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Does anyone know why Kasper Simontaival was left off Team Finland's roster? Of all of Finland's 2002's, he's the one with the most experience at the highest levels of play. He's not injured (he got an assist in a Mestis game today) and he's not on the roster for the Finland U20 tournament in early November. Kalle Myllymaa seems like another odd absence, as he has the third-highest points per game among under-17's in B-juniors(2003-born Samu Tuomaala has the 2nd highest and he too is left off this roster).

Once a player is promoted to the U18 national team, he doesn't play in U17 events. Simontaival is playing in the U18 5-nations next week.

Myllymaa is another small left handed winger, plenty of those in the team already.

As for Tuomaala U16 players in this tournament have been really rare. From the top forward prospects only Vesalainen has played as underager.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Looks like a good quality stream. Anyone know if the games can be viewed on demand afterwards?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rafkin is the only Finnish defensemen who Raymond cannot forecheck. I like what I’ve seen from Rafkin.

Nybeck is impressive. He has a little Berggren to his game.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Czechs will absolutely demolish this tournament. Novak and Mysak will be top 5 draft picks in 2020. ;)
Yeah I don't know about that, but Czechs could surprise. Seems like they had decent pre-tournament game against Sweden, even though they had the 4-minute blackout and eventually lost.
Hopefully this team doesn't take as long to adjust as last year's team did

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Wonder if Czechs can give USA a good challenge today. It’s a very good Czech team this year on paper. Would love to see the upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad