U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge 3-10 November

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
The World Under-17 Hockey Challenge – an international showcase of some of the best young hockey talent in the world – returns to New Brunswick in the fall of 2018. Saint John and Quispamsis will co-host the tournament scheduled to run Nov. 3-10, 2018.

Schedule : Schedule and Scores

Canada Black : Rosters
Canada Red : Rosters
Canada White : Rosters
Finland : Leijonat - Suomen alle 17-vuotiaiden maajoukkue tällä ryhmällä World U17 Hockey Challenge -turnaukseen
Sweden : Sweden U17 at eliteprospects.com
Czech : Sedmnáctka se chystá na neoficiální MS! Beran vezme i Malíka s Novákem | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje
USA :
Russia :

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Finland will probably look something like this:

Roby Järventie - Aatu Räty - Eero Niemi
Veikka Hahl - Roni Hirvonen - Oliver Suni
Valtteri Karnaranta - Joel Määttä - Veeti Korkalainen
Iivari Säkkinen - Jesse Seppälä - Juuso Mäenpää

Christoffer Sedoff - Ruben Rafkin
Joona Lehmus - Kasper Puutio
Nikolas Ketonen - Topi Niemelä
Emil Viro - Luka Nyman

Joel Blomqvist
Max Väyrynen

Räty, Hirvonen, Niemi, Järventie, Suni, Määttä, Sedoff, Niemelä, Puutio and Rafkin are the top names to follow.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Czech team: Sedmnáctka se chystá na neoficiální MS! Beran vezme i Malíka s Novákem | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje (plus Jan Mysak)

Two amazing goaltenders, elite talents Mysak and Novak, a couple of decent offensive defensemen and some good forward depth in Konecny, Chlubna and Gut. I don't expect much, certainly not a medal, but if the difference makers bring their A game you never know.
I wish '03 born Mensik and Brabenec were given a look, in my opinion the top players from the U16.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Go Holtz and Raymond!

Look out for Zion Nybeck as well, he will be a stand out for sure. Mateuz Szurowski is a bit of a joker among forwards, he's got a lot of tools but hasn't played at the J20 level yet, curious to see how he looks. This forward group is way deeper than last year.

Some interesting D-men as well. Smallish Anton Johannesson will likely be the guy quarterbacking the PP, great skater and puck mover. Theo Nordlund should log a lot of minutes, also really good on his skates but won't bring much offense. Helge Grans i obviously an interesting prospect since he already made his SHL debut, really curious to see how he looks as I haven't seen him much.

Reactions: Tomas W

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Is Theodor Niederbach injured? For sure he would be one of the top players for Sweden, no?
I asked this question in the Sweden sub-forum a couple of weeks ago, and yes, he is unfortunately injured. Something with the knee that will keep him out for months.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Some interesting D-men as well. Smallish Anton Johannesson will likely be the guy quarterbacking the PP, great skater and puck mover.
I don't think I've seen seen him in a lineup the last ~3 weeks, but they obviously selected him for the tournament so hopefully he's good to go...

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canada Red and White look quite a bit stronger than Black, but we'll see how the tournament goes.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Bogdan Nefyodov
Semyon Sharabarin

D
Daniil Chayka
Artyom Grushnikov
Kirill Kirsanov
Daniil Kuzmin
Yan Kuznetsov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Kirill Vashchilin
FW
Andrei Bakanov
Nikita Buruyanov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Danil Gushchin
Daniil Khristanov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Ignat Kokhanin
Alexander Pashin
Vasiliy Ponomaryov
Andrei Proskurnin
Ilya Rychkov
Pavel Tyutnev
Dmitriy Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Team Black has Lawrence, Foudy, Byfield, Cuylle up front, and Drysdale/O'Rourke on the back end. Looks very strong to me.
Yeah when I looked at the rosters I thought black looked pretty strong. Obviously being a fan and not a scout or anyone really in the community I have very very very limited knowledge of all the players but Black didn’t seem like the weakest.

Reactions: flamebird

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Bogdan Nefyodov
Semyon Sharabarin

D
Daniil Chayka
Artyom Grushnikov
Kirill Kirsanov
Daniil Kuzmin
Yan Kuznetsov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Kirill Vashchilin
FW
Andrei Bakanov
Nikita Buruyanov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Danil Gushchin
Daniil Khristanov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Ignat Kokhanin
Alexander Pashin
Vasiliy Ponomaryov
Andrei Proskurnin
Ilya Rychkov
Pavel Tyutnev
Dmitriy Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Good to see Chayka and Bakanov there.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Is Hendrix Lapierre not on any of the teams. He's the first overall pick for the QMJHL and was having a good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->