U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge 3-10 November

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
good win, where does all this go, when it's time to win Hlinka/U-18 WJC/U-20????

For what its worth, I thought the Russian team in the Hlinka tournament this year was absolutely dominant. They literally dominated every team they played (the USA, twice). They lost to Sweden in the last minute on a purely lucky play (poor play by Askarov), but the Swedish team barely touched the puck until the 3rd period, when they generated a little bit of offense. I think they got tired of pouring the pressure on the Swedish team the first two periods with nothing to show for it. I would have loved to have seen them play Canada. I am certain they would have competed very well against Canada.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Apart from Askarov, this Russian age group is deep, but, I'm not seeing any elite talents.
Nonetheless, say what you want about Golubovich, but his coaching was awesome this tourney. Team structure and commitment to defense won it for us.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Apart from Askarov, this Russian age group is deep, but, I'm not seeing any elite talents.
Nonetheless, say what you want about Golubovich, but his coaching was awesome this tourney. Team structure and commitment to defense won it for us.

To be fair the last elite forward talent Russia produced was Kucherov? Jury is still out on A. Svechnikov.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
For what its worth, I thought the Russian team in the Hlinka tournament this year was absolutely dominant. They literally dominated every team they played (the USA, twice). They lost to Sweden in the last minute on a purely lucky play (poor play by Askarov), but the Swedish team barely touched the puck until the 3rd period, when they generated a little bit of offense. I think they got tired of pouring the pressure on the Swedish team the first two periods with nothing to show for it. I would have loved to have seen them play Canada. I am certain they would have competed very well against Canada.
too many would/could/should, the result was the usual, and the wjc with many in the CHL is going to be even worse.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Yeah right. I remember Raymond and Holtz doing good things in that game. Look at their 1st shift in the 2nd period, pretty sure they touched the puck there.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
To be fair the last elite forward talent Russia produced was Kucherov? Jury is still out on A. Svechnikov.

No one was calling Kucherov an elite talent when he was 17 or 18 years old. Kuznetsov not an elite talent? Tarasenko not an elite talent? Panarin not an elite talent? Who else are you ignoring here?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
No one was calling Kucherov an elite talent when he was 17 or 18 years old. Kuznetsov not an elite talent? Tarasenko not an elite talent? Panarin not an elite talent? Who else are you ignoring here?

Look at the ages of the guys you mentioned compared to Kucherov, I clearly said the last as in most recent elite forward talent.

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
Rochette's looked decent in the Q, but am I the only one who was expecting a little bit more from him? Even his highlights are almost underwhelming? Take a look...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00