U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge 3-10 November

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't think Finnish media has ever noticed this u17 hockey challenge.
To be honest...i know very little about this tournament to begin with,
before i found Eliteprospects.com ,i barely even knew it existed.

How long has u18 wjc been on Finnish media? For a very long time it was u20 wjc and that's it,
never they even televised those u18 games, not to mention show highlights, nor told results,
you had to read it from the Jääkiekkokirja to find it all out.

It's because there's two Canadian teams in it that it doesn't carry much weight in the eyes of the hockey media, a bit similar to the World Cup. Also because it's been held at the same time as other junior tournaments for the U-20 and U-18, not to mention the men's national team, it's not in the media's attention area.

U-18 WJC has been shown when there's been a tv signal available. That hasn't always been the case and when MTV had the rights for the junior teams, they hid them on pay channels.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Wonder if he high sticks people with that intent too
That one looked like was he was going to do a late hit, but then hit Raymond's throat with his stick, and then eventually decided not to hit Raymond. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's game time.
Who-ever wins tonight that team has deserved gold medals.
Of course i hope it's Finland but Russia is very good team.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
After 2nd period Russia leads U17 WHC gold medal game 1-2
Finland needs to start play better and get the game back on track in 3rd period otherwise Russia wins this game.
WAKE UP Finland.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finland has 3 minutes time to tie this game.
But it looks Russia is handling this game of course it'll be close but still.
Russia's team defence is hard as rock right now no good scoring chances allowed to Finland.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Russia wins 1-2
Goddammit with these goal scoring issues same f***ing story nearly every Finnish national junior hockey team. No matter what age group it is.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Despite of big disappointment in U17 WHC gold medal game really good tournament for Finland.
1st U17 WHC medal since 1995 what's next great tournament for Finnish 2002 age group perhaps Ivan Hlinka 2019.

Reactions: Pardus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->