GDT: World Juniors

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I guess it's not fair to judge Bean based on a few games but he has been absolute trash in every game I've seen him play.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I guess it's not fair to judge Bean based on a few games but he has been absolute trash in every game I've seen him play.

I have only seen him a handful of times myself and thought the same thing. Not going to overreact, as he is definitely a project and the Canes don't need him in the NHL for many years, but would like to see more from him.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think Roy and Gauthier have been quite solid. Bean hasn't been good, but I have seen him display some of the traits that will hopefully make him good. He's young, a bit of a project, and just recently returned from being injured most of the year. Either way, this tournament doesn't mean much.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Beautiful. Two goal lead back thanks to Gauthier again.

Get out of this game and maybe if we get the Russians in the. Ronnie game we can beat them again. Don't see us beating Sweden. Too much firepower and we have poor defence and goaltending.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes have a solid lock on annual underwhelming Canadian WJC D performances.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fleury and Bean ain't looking too hot right now. Both controversial picks. Let's see how it goes.

Yeah. The good news is because of Hanifin and Slavin, the Canes have the ability to let Fleury and Bean marinate in the lower levels and develop properly, which is a luxury. I guess for years we complained about JR never drafting D in the 1st round because they take too long to develop, we now have a GM doing just that so I guess we'll have to be patient. :laugh:

I think Fleury will be fine in the end, but not what the Canes had hoped for when they picked him. To me, it looks like the decision making doesn't come as naturally as it does to someone like Slavin so he'll take more time, but eventually, I think he'll figure it out and be a solid 3/4 that doesn't provide much offense. Bean, from what I can see, is no doubt a project, and really seems kind of boom or bust to me.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Didn't see the game, but saw a tweet that Chabot was all over the ice during the game. My guess is that effort was appreciated by the crowd.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
While it would be nice for GOAT to turn into a 30+ goal top 6 staple, I'd certainly settle for a 15-20 goal big game/situation scorer. The anti-Ruutu if you will.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Didn't see the game, but saw a tweet that Chabot was all over the ice during the game. My guess is that effort was appreciated by the crowd.

I saw most of the game, and he was easily their best player for the game. One goal and a couple of assists don't really tell the whole story of what he meant to their offense...let alone his defensive presence. When they announced the POTG, I was thinking to myself "Too bad Gauthier got his two goals this game, because Chabot was clearly going to be the guy."

Then, on the other side of the equation, there was Bean...:shakehead

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I didn't see the game either just the highlights which don't tell the story obviously. If he was the best player on the ice, then that explains it.

Gauthier appears to have a pretty good instinct for scoring. Both goals weren't just easy tap ins. The one he cleaned up in front of the net showcases his reach and awareness. His size has to be pretty intimidating as he comes in with a lot of speed, and seems to score in close pretty regularly. I'm pretty excited for what he could potentially bring to the table.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah. The good news is because of Hanifin and Slavin, the Canes have the ability to let Fleury and Bean marinate in the lower levels and develop properly, which is a luxury. I guess for years we complained about JR never drafting D in the 1st round because they take too long to develop, we now have a GM doing just that so I guess we'll have to be patient. :laugh:

I think Fleury will be fine in the end, but not what the Canes had hoped for when they picked him. To me, it looks like the decision making doesn't come as naturally as it does to someone like Slavin so he'll take more time, but eventually, I think he'll figure it out and be a solid 3/4 that doesn't provide much offense. Bean, from what I can see, is no doubt a project, and really seems kind of boom or bust to me.

All of D flops in the first seem to be Canadian.

Only draft 'Mercian D for now on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad