OT: World Juniors Thread!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
NHL Network
Catch all the #WorldJuniors action, right here, tomorrow!
12pE- Czech Republic vs. Russia
4pE- Canada vs. Finland
8pE- Denmark vs. USA
Going to be traveling for all of those games. :facepalm:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Actually this was your quote from the Trade thread:

That is funny. But in Dbrownss defense, you can think a trade is fair value and still hate it. We could have gotten a first and that second, and I still wouldn't have liked the trade even though that is killer value. Trade a beloved player who really helped the team and people aren't going to like it regardless the return. Also, I think several people who hated it change their mind when it came out later that Elliott asked for the trade. So taking his knee jerk reaction and not what he said after he had time to process is hardly fair.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Is he expected to see a lot of action or is he a little lower down since he's, what I'm assuming, one of the younger ones?

Well, to be honest he was expected, but in the pre-WJC games he was on the 4th line and really hasn't been looking like the best player there, so I really hope that his performance will improve and if it will, he should get a bigger role.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
NHL Network
Catch all the #WorldJuniors action, right here, tomorrow!
12pE- Czech Republic vs. Russia
4pE- Canada vs. Finland
8pE- Denmark vs. USA
Ugh, I don't have NHL network. I'm gonna have to find some random streams online.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Dbrownss I was just pointing out that you were included in the group of people that initially lost their minds, that's all.

The True prophet had this to say about the trade:

:)
I said good luck to Elliott and I hated the trade one time, I didn't repeatedly call Army a moron for the trade. That's hardly losing my mind. I didn't predict it was a franchise crippling move either. I didnt try and take credit for predicting it was going to be an amazing move ether. If you'd like, I'll go back to my original post saying it was an excellent move and expand upon it. I'll add that I initially didn't like it but after learning about the trade request and reading about JK, It didn't take long to love it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was one of the ones who lost my mind. I hated the trade. I still hate it. If Allen goes on to win the Vezina a dozen times and Kyrou surpasses McDavid for best player of this generation, I'll still hate it (although I'd love Bill Armstrong all the more). Ells is one of my favorite players, and I enjoy watching the Blues less because we traded him (same with Oshie). We traded him for good value (not so much with Oshie), but it was and always will be just an early 2nd. The end result for that pick means very little. If Kyrou ends up a superstar and we knew he would end up a superstar, we could have traded up from our late 2nd and gotten him while keeping Elliott. We wouldn't even have had to trade up all the way to 35 as we reached a bit to grab Kyrou. I don't think he was even a top 35 NA skater in the rankings, much less worldwide, IIRC.

So I still don't get what the point of the post that started this was. Because Kyrou is doing well in juniors, everyone was wrong to be upset that we traded away a fan favorite?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kostin made a great power move to the goal and a nice backhand. Didn’t score, but it was a nice play

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Wasn't impressed with Kostin at all, personally. He didn't look engaged at all in the play.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Czechs hang on to win 5-4! Kostin played a chippy game getting his stick up a few times. He made a couple nice drives, and a few nice passes. He played adequately on defence. Nothing outstanding. The Russians were out of synch much of the game, looking like they hadn't played together much. I'm hoping Kostin will play better once his line gets used to playing together more.

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Damn I missed the Rus/Cze game. Don't have NHL network so going to have to find a way to watch the Canada game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad