OT: World Juniors Thread!

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
That poor goalie.

Kostin was playing in the meantime vs Denmark. He looked ok. Definitely a man amongst smaller people. Got a penalty for destroying a guy not sure what the call was but he dumped him in the bench.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
From what I could find they did it in case of bad weather with the outdoor game. If they tried having the outdoor game on the 31st and the weather didn't play well it would mess up the medal round. Sucks though, just seems weird.

Edit: and Thomas has looked amazing so far in this first Pre-Tournament game.

Well that's annoying. I would rather the game be indoors and have them play New Year's Eve. Those are some of the best games of every tournament and it's the perfect start to the night.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I love how people are quickly going "Oh, Thomas is REALLY good" in the World Juniors thread. He legitimately feels to me like a center prospect without a weakness and a clear 1st line upside, and I'm not sure if we have had one of those since Brind'Amour

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I love how people are quickly going "Oh, Thomas is REALLY good" in the World Juniors thread. He legitimately feels to me like a center prospect without a weakness and a clear 1st line upside, and I'm not sure if we have had one of those since Brind'Amour
There were a few that were crying over Thomas being the 2C and a couple were sayin Glass and Suzuki deserved a spot over him...my how the winds change

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
There were a few that were crying over Thomas being the 2C and a couple were sayin Glass and Suzuki deserved a spot over him...my how the winds change
Guaranteed that most of them had zero familiarity with Thomas, so you have to take all that with the grain of salt it warrants.

The majority of informed CHL posters that I know (across a whole spate of NHL fanbases, but mostly people who live in Canada) were jealous of the pick even back at the time of the draft. Haven't heard any words of dissent filter back to me from any of them.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Guaranteed that most of them had zero familiarity with Thomas, so you have to take all that with the grain of salt it warrants.

The majority of informed CHL posters that I know (across a whole spate of NHL fanbases, but mostly people who live in Canada) were jealous of the pick even back at the time of the draft. Haven't heard any words of dissent filter back to me from any of them.
Absolutely. I didn't bother engaging them considering Thomas was outscoring Glass and Suzuki PPG wise. Those were the main guys that were passed that people complained about.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I'm loving this draft more and more with each coming day. Thomas is on another level. Kyrou looked great as well. How did Kostin look?
It was hard to get a grasp as it was a horrible camera angle, and no announcer. He wore number 24. And stood out to me in size, and in willingness to carry the puck, more so than he does in the AHL. But I suspect he will take a few games too get it figured out. Juniors is not as fast, even when it's the top players. He'll be able to enter zones on his own.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Kyrou opens the scoring for Canada in their 2nd exhibition game against the Swiss.

2-0 Canada, going into the 2nd

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Kyrou had two assists to go along with his goal tonight. He stood out to me whenever he was on the ice.

Has great speed, hands, and vision. Made a few slick plays that could have easily resulted in a goal.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Cant wait to see how Kyrou and Thomas performe. Kyrou mostly, 'cus I haven't seen Jim that much. Ty for Shitty Blues broadcast program.

Interesting to see Tolvanen and Vesalainen performe and Tolvanen which I've Been very high on and vocal too.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Thomas was seriously one of the best prospects I've seen at a Blues camp and that includes players like Fabbri, Parayko, Tarasenko, etc. He just looked so polished in every facet of the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a shot in the NHL if we still need a 3rd line C when his OHL team is done for the season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sooo any legal streams of these games exist? Won’t be home for much of the tournament but would still love to watch.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
NHL Network
Catch all the #WorldJuniors action, right here, tomorrow!
12pE- Czech Republic vs. Russia
4pE- Canada vs. Finland
8pE- Denmark vs. USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad