Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I was expecting more from Beecher and less from Hall. They were pretty equal in my view. Beecher will look better in the NHL. I think anyways as his game will translate better, he will have more upside. Hall could be a good Kuraly type checker.

In a short tourny there is not much time to shuffle guys around and find chemistry. Beecher had none with his line mates, who did not look to want to pay the price and were a little selfish in my view.

At least Beecher has size over those 2 guys, who will have a hard time with playing teams like the Caps and Blues in a 7 game series.

Beecher definitely struggled offensively, but he was as good as I expected on defense, particularly on the PK. I know he has experience on the wing, but his primary position has been center. It's not easy making that change to wing in a short tournament like this. One of the realities with this year's US World Junior team is that they had a lot of centers who had to play out of position.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wild start to the first semi.

No idea how the refs ignored a five second hold from the Russians in their own zone and now a blatant high stick on the faceoff, but immediately called a nothing love tap in the neutral zone, but that’s (IIHF) reffing for you. Russian PP is lethal.

Reactions: smack66

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Huge gaffe by Alnefelt for 3-1.

Finally a Russian penalty. Sweden need the momentum.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Huge gaffe by Alnefelt for 3-1.

Finally a Russian penalty. Sweden need the momentum.

You can hear fear in Canadian announcers voices about facing Russia when they mention powerplays.Jesus they should want them to get another shot at redemption vs them.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What are they looking at?????

Should’ve taken about four seconds. Great save, though, maybe they were admiring it. Gave the Swedes some well-needed rest after Necén just threw the puck away long after the PK ended.

Apparently they didn’t have any video to look at until about twenty seconds in, but it still took them a good minute and a half to review it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
You can hear fear in Canadian announcers voices about facing Russia when they mention powerplays.Jesus they should want them to get another shot at redemption vs them.

They should be fine as long as there isn’t a Finnish ref just guessing at penalties and missing blatant ones from Russia, lmao.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
They should be fine as long as there isn’t a Finnish ref just guessing at penalties and missing blatant ones from Russia, lmao.

Also, whichever team they get, the PP will be dangerous. 3/4 for Sweden. Russia 2 goals in 15 minutes of PP.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Does anybody know the name of that music they using there?

Swedish goal song or the penalty music?

Goal song is:

Most Swedes probably have a love/hate relationship to it. Mostly the latter :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
No replay on that boarding situation behind the Russian net. Looked like he extended the arms about as much as you possibly could, barely any body involved at all.

Impressive snipe ten seconds later, though.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
So predictable the refs swallowed their whistles. f***ing WWE move in front of the Russian net.

Hard to win when you play half the game on the PK and the refs ignore almost everything the other way. Good attempt, though.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can’t wait for whoever plays Russia in the gold medal game to get PP after PP. The inconsistency is maddening. Hooking someone in the neck area and throwing them to the ground is rewarded.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00