Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Two players heading into their draft years Wahlstrom and Caufield, I would had been elated if the Bruins had drafted them, but after watching this tournament those two players,Im very glad that their Islanders and Candiens prospects.

Both would easily be Boston's best prospect. Just because they didn't have great tournaments doesn't mean anything. They're elite prospects with massive upside. You wouldn't that? :laugh:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
So for those of you who watched teh whole tournament, what are your thoughts on Hall and Beecher? Could Beecher be our Wilson?! :naughty: :laugh:

BruinsNetwork

Two players heading into their draft years Wahlstrom and Caufield, I would had been elated if the Bruins had drafted them, but after watching this tournament those two players,Im very glad that their Islanders and Candiens prospects.

You’re glad a kid who scored 72G last year in the USHL and 12G in 18GP for a D1 college team (so far) this year isn’t a Bruins prospect? That’s just silly.

PS: He scored 14G in 7GP last year for the U18 team.

Reactions: Deuce17

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
So for those of you who watched the whole tournament, what are your thoughts on Hall and Beecher? Could Beecher be our Wilson?! :naughty: :laugh:

I thought overall Hall played well, got open in the slot for shots on net, won his share of puck battles, looked pretty good on faceoffs. I think there is NHL potential there, he still has 2 more years at Yale after this so he is a ways off to even worry about.

Beecher had a rough tournament. When you see him skating around the ice he looks like Kreider, but other than a couple of decent rushes didn't really make any plays. Made a few decent hits (and the one very bad one). But his line didn't make any plays all tournament. The line of himself Caulfield and Turcotte/Drury never got anything going. He is only an 18 year old so hopefully next year will be better.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Not looking good for the host country

IMG_20191230_144118.jpg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Both would easily be Boston's best prospect. Just because they didn't have great tournaments doesn't mean anything. They're elite prospects with massive upside. You wouldn't that? :laugh:

Well time will tell, but neither one of them impressed me at all in this tournament. I know their young and every step is a learning curve, but so should every shift of every game and they both failed to adjust their game from the onset to the end of the tournament, elite prospects do that.

I'd take Studnicka Lauko, Vaak, Lauzon over those two, they just didn't show me enough to say they'd be the Bruins top two prospects and I certainly wouldn't call them elite.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

I do think they would automatically rank as the Bruins top prospects based off of draft pedigree and offensive upside. That being said, I would think twice about moving Studnicka for either of them. They are both really slick players, but they both have their warts.

Studnicka is essentially wart free - and fits the Bruins' system like a glove.

I would move Vaakanainen for either Wahlstrom or Caufield though - simply because of our depth at LD and our need for a legit top 6 RW prospect.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Gonna be several unhappy Bruins based on today's results, may they take it out on Columbus lol

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Caufield is an incredibly talented goal scorer. The problem with one-dimensional goal scorers is that they're usually very hot or cold, and when they're cold, they're basically useless. I think most thought that if he could just get one, he'd go on a hot streak, but that didn't happen.

Another small American, Alex DeBrincat, struggled in his World Juniors but has been great in the NHL.

I think we tend to overstate the importance of World Junior success. There have been plenty of great WJC players who've struggled in the NHL, and vice versa.

Wahlstrom's another case. It feels like he's more of an attitude issue.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
So for those of you who watched teh whole tournament, what are your thoughts on Hall and Beecher? Could Beecher be our Wilson?! :naughty: :laugh:

Hall is a real good grinder. Had a great game today. Used his size in the corners real well. Like the fact that Beecher is willing to throw his big frame around. Just needs to stay away from nailing a player like he did against Finland.

Couple of plays Beecher did a good of weaving through the Finns players in the middle of the ice. But could have done more once he got into the offensive zone, Starman pointed out how Beecher got back on D after one of those rushes.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Well time will tell, but neither one of them impressed me at all in this tournament. I know their young and every step is a learning curve, but so should every shift of every game and they both failed to adjust their game from the onset to the end of the tournament, elite prospects do that.

I'd take Studnicka Lauko, Vaak, Lauzon over those two, they just didn't show me enough to say they'd be the Bruins top two prospects and I certainly wouldn't call them elite.

This is an utterly preposterous take. You’d take the guys you listed instead??? Neither are elite??? My goodness all this after 5 friggin games where 1 of them wasn’t even featured (for what er ridiculous reason).

Also they absolutely would be the #1 and #2 Bruins prospects.

Reactions: UncleRico

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was expecting more from Beecher and less from Hall. They were pretty equal in my view. Beecher will look better in the NHL. I think anyways as his game will translate better, he will have more upside. Hall could be a good Kuraly type checker.

In a short tourny there is not much time to shuffle guys around and find chemistry. Beecher had none with his line mates, who did not look to want to pay the price and were a little selfish in my view.

At least Beecher has size over those 2 guys, who will have a hard time with playing teams like the Caps and Blues in a 7 game series.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad