U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I missed a lot of the other games, so it's hard to comment on the other teams.
I did watch one other finland game tho.

@UnfinishedBusiness (Not sure why the quote is not showing up)

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I've seen Wahlstrom, Frost and Glass all play plenty better. These games don't really mean much.

redg

Aug 4, 2018
Well that's it boys and girls.
Fun hockey in the summer, Pretty meaningless tho, but still entertaining as hell.

At least we got to see our prospects play some games, and get a small glimpse into the future, See you guys in the regular season, and WJC, should be a BEAUTY if this summer games are any indication.

My top 5 players of the tourney (mostly USA + canada players since I watched them the most) in no order.

Berggren
Quinn Hughes
Michael Rasmussen
Noah Dobson
Joel Farabee

Lots of others played well, This list could be massive, but also like to HM Tkachuk, Utunen, Josh Norris who were solid.

Tkachuk who I was not very high on, who I even criticized earlier on in the games, had a great solid last few games, and his skating is much better than I thought, so in that case, even tho it's just summer camp, I came away most definitely impressed.

Overall, It was a ton of fun.

Cheers :cheers:

EDIT: Oh I forgot jay obrien as well, he was very good.

I think Formenton deserves at least a mention even though he only played one game. I also thought Ty Smith, and J. Hughes played well enough for mentions. A lot of Canada and USA's "depth forwards" played really well. There's gonna be some hard decisions to make.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Sweden leads 4.2 in third.. its clear material difference is starting to show on Finns

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I was super high on wahlstrom before the draft and not so high on farabee but farabee has definitely been the better player during this showcase. Whether that means it will translate into the season, we will have to see. Very disappointed in wahlstrom and impressed with farabee

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was super high on wahlstrom before the draft and not so high on farabee but farabee has definitely been the better player during this showcase. Whether that means it will translate into the season, we will have to see. Very disappointed in wahlstrom and impressed with farabee

Always like Farabee more... Wahlstrom has that high end potential but more bust potential as well. Farabee is a player.. he can play in all situations. He has drive, speed and skills.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Always like Farabee more... Wahlstrom has that high end potential but more bust potential as well. Farabee is a player.. he can play in all situations. He has drive, speed and skills.
I agree with your assessment, I just though wahlstrom has the chance to be a big star. He reminds me so much of Brock Boeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad