U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
CAN had the better of it in the first half but the US took control in the 2nd half.

Petruzzelli was horrible and the CAN Gs played really well.

Good, fun game.

It needs to be in Plymouth though. Too much of these tyoes of events are in CAN.

Reactions: AmericanDream

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haven't been able to watch too many of Finland's games was curious in how people liked Ranta? He was one of the more enigmatic prospects from scouts - really raw, but shines of brilliance.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
How were the Devils prospects (Talvite, Zetterlund, Smith, Walsh)?

Talvitie - I would not agree he was the best player for Finland, unless it's limited to effort only. There are clearly much more skilled players on the team, but Talvitie wears the "C". It was the same Talvitie in WJSS as I remembered from U18s. Always invloved, zoned in on the net, motor going non stop. It's one of his strengths, consistency, which isn't a common thing amongst players his age. He did look smaller than he did at U18, obviously not because he shrank, just the crop of players around him is bigger.

Zetterlund - just solid all around. Was one of the go to guys, played on the 1st PP unit. Created chances for himself and for others, but neither himself, nor his linemates finished their chances well. Much stockier/stronger than I remember him, very good puck protection and playing through physical contact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad