U20: World Junior Summer Showcase 30 july - 4 august

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I’m sitting on a cottage deck with a slow connection. What happened? Thx

HC7

May 2, 2018
They ended the game cause the Hughes brothers think this is fencing. They're going to get destroyed in the NHL.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They ended the game cause the Hughes brothers think this is fencing. They're going to get destroyed in the NHL.
Worst post all week right here ^

Also why u hating on fencing, its fun as hell haha

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jack Hughes should avoid the late game pass to Wahlstrom in the WJC. Seen enough of it at the U-18 and now this game in the dying seconds where he completely bricks attempting a wild one timer. I like Wahlstrom and I think he is going to be an excellent player, but he seems pretty hyper to his detriment in the dying seconds of some of the big games this summer.

Reactions: Nucky10

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Until it becomes a pattern I am not too worried about a handful of poor summer skirmishes

He actually had a few good looks at the end of the game there

I would not worry either, these short tournaments if your prospect looks good, its a bonus for me, if not there regular season play is what i care most about. Seen to many good players look bad in these shorts tournaments and to many bad players look good. He just did not look invested. He is much better then this.

Reactions: Riseonfire

HC7

May 2, 2018
USA really could've used Miller this tourney. Their best all round D-Man by a country mile. Like a young Hedman, NYR struck it rich.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Well that's it boys and girls.
Fun hockey in the summer, Pretty meaningless tho, but still entertaining as hell.

At least we got to see our prospects play some games, and get a small glimpse into the future, See you guys in the regular season, and WJC, should be a BEAUTY if this summer games are any indication.

My top 5 players of the tourney (mostly USA + canada players since I watched them the most) in no order.

Berggren
Quinn Hughes
Michael Rasmussen
Noah Dobson
Joel Farabee

Lots of others played well, This list could be massive, but also like to HM Tkachuk, Utunen, Josh Norris who were solid.

Tkachuk who I was not very high on, who I even criticized earlier on in the games, had a great solid last few games, and his skating is much better than I thought, so in that case, even tho it's just summer camp, I came away most definitely impressed.

Overall, It was a ton of fun.

Cheers :cheers:

EDIT: Oh I forgot jay obrien as well, he was very good.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Well that's it boys and girls.
Fun hockey in the summer, Pretty meaningless tho, but still entertaining as hell.

At least we got to see our prospects play some games, and get a small glimpse into the future, See you guys in the regular season, and WJC, should be a BEAUTY if this summer games are any indication.

My top 5 players of the tourney in no order.

Berggren
Quinn Hughes
Michael Rasmussen
Noah Dobson
Joel Farabee

Lots of others played well, This list could be massive, but also like to HM Tkachuk, Utunen, Josh Norris who were solid.

Tkachuk who I was not very high on, who I even critisized earlier on in the games, had a great solid last few games, and his skating is much better than I thought, so in that case, even tho it's just summer camp, I came away most definitely impressed.

Overall, It was a ton of fun.

Cheers :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->