Prospect Info: World Junior Hockey Championship 2018

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
It's funny to me that Redder will bash the hyperbolic statement Lindstrom and Kotkansalo will never be nhlers against the wall and the WJC Summer Showcase is the end all be all because "I was there."

Okay Brian Williams

Attachments

• kotkansalo2.jpg
    kotkansalo2.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 23
  • lindstrom.jpg
    lindstrom.jpg
    759.2 KB · Views: 24

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I believe you when you say you were there, but you're honestly JAG on the internet.
TBH the comment stems from having a bit of a problem with you condemning hyperbole and going after posters for putting too much on limited viewership when you're guilty of both.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I believe you when you say you were there, but you're honestly JAG on the internet.
TBH the comment stems from having a bit of a problem with you condemning hyperbole and going after posters for putting too much on limited viewership when you're guilty of both.

I watched the kids and they did nothing to stand out in any way.
On the other hand, kids like Dahlin and Liljegren and Brannstrom.... and even some of the other kids who weren't hyped... stood out and made plays.

So then you go back and read scouting reports again, and nothing pops.

What's the model for these guys?
I'm no fan of the Rasmussen pick, but at least you can envision something.

Anyway, we're speculating about 17 and 18 year olds and we're all going to be wrong as much as we're right.

No need to get personal and take offense.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I would take it with a grain of salt. Nobody knows if they are going to be NHLers or not. It's wayyyyy too early to make that kind of judgement.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
There's nothing about my post that's misinformed.
Show me all the 5'10 defensemen in the NHL currently worthy of a top 5 pick in the draft.

I simply think you're talking out of your ass when you say "He's the best player on the ice nearly every time he puts on a USA jersey."

You don't like being called out on it, so I'm misinformed.

How can he do that if it’s an opinion? Just because we need dmen doesn’t mean he puts cynical glasses on when watching forwards and rose colored when watching dmen

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I watched the kids and they did nothing to stand out in any way.
On the other hand, kids like Dahlin and Liljegren and Brannstrom.... and even some of the other kids who weren't hyped... stood out and made plays.
There's more to success than flash.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
20 different people in this thread that have told you that you are way off on Quinn Hughes, so maybe you're the one that is talking out of their ass.

I dont watch many of these games at all, but ill listen to Bob MacKenzie give his breakdown on players etc
tkachuk and hughes are possible top 5 picks.... this is well known. So when Frk it (who does a great job following prospects) tells me he likes hughes.. im inclined to believe him :)

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I dont watch many of these games at all, but ill listen to Bob MacKenzie give his breakdown on players etc
tkachuk and hughes are possible top 5 picks.... this is well known. So when Frk it (who does a great job following prospects) tells me he likes hughes.. im inclined to believe him :)

That's fine.
Some of us think for ourselves. :)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
But playmakers make plays, regardless of the "flash."
Just saying that for example a guy like Liljegren is very noticeable both good and bad. Brannstrom and Dahlin are special talents but at least in the case of Brannstrom size could be an issue at the NHL level. Lindstrom and Kotkansalo were just drafted so they shouldn't be expected to stand out more than 1st rounders or generational talents like Dahlin, but not being as noticeable doesn't mean they can't become very good. For example I think it looks like Lindstrom really has offensive talents, but if you're the coach and you've got Dahlin, Brannstrom, Liljegren... you're probably going with them as your offensive guys.

Reactions: Winger98

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Liljegren looked like Erik Karlsson, My heart sank watching him skate, and watching Mike Babcock smile as he watched him.
Dahlin - showed he could hit. Take a man out. Skate the puck out. Pass the puck out. And rip a heavy point shot.

I get that Lindstrom wasn't going to stand out like that.
But the other D, like Hogberg and Westerlund were making plays that stood out -- offensively and defensively.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Liljegren looked like Erik Karlsson, My heart sank watching him skate, and watching Mike Babcock smile as he watched him.
Dahlin - showed he could hit. Take a man out. Skate the puck out. Pass the puck out. And rip a heavy point shot.

I get that Lindstrom wasn't going to stand out like that.
But the other D, like Hogberg and Westerlund were making plays that stood out -- offensively and defensively.
Did you watch the Swe-Belarus game? Will be interesting to see how guys look against tougher competition, but Liljegren looked a lot like Karlsson's bad sides. Stupid pinches, sloppy defensive work. Haven't seen Marlies games, but just from highlights I've noticed him looking rough defensively on a lot of goals against. Jury's still out, but with his pedigree I would like him to be a bit more polished in his game. But it could have been first game nerves, tonight's a tougher test.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Kotkansalo will swap places with Robin Salo for today's game, so he probably won't be playing much. Salo was the extra D vs CAN, no ice time.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Lindstrom hasn't had a ton of work yet in this game, but he's slowly converting me. Whenever he has to make a play, he seems to make the right one. Just sort of a quiet, cerebral defenseman who makes smart little passes and stays in position. Seems a little slow, though.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Lindstrom hasn't had a ton of work yet in this game, but he's slowly converting me. Whenever he has to make a play, he seems to make the right one. Just sort of a quiet, cerebral defenseman who makes smart little passes and stays in position. Seems a little slow, though.
Ya I loved that nice little 10 foot pass he made right out in front of his own net, that’s more of what the wings need. Also got physical on a Czech player in the corner

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He's been pretty solid so far. I was not a big fan of the defenseman last year... but I have liked how Jokiharju, Valimaki, and Foote have looked so far in this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad