Prospect Info: World Junior Hockey Championship 2018

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Pretty good game from Kotkansalo, his passes were on point and he still looks very confident.

Kupari is realgud, he's in my top 5

Hughes is a liability on defense, but seeing him skate the puck out of the d zone is a thing of beauty

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hughes is a liability on defense, but seeing him skate the puck out of the d zone is a thing of beauty
So you're saying that Detroit could deal Green, and end up using one of their picks on...a younger, cheaper Green? ;)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Liljegren is having a good tournament too. It's depressing
Necas has been really impressive. Liljegren I think is a mixed bag, strikes me as a guy with a lot of tools that may not have the toolbox for the NHL level. Would not have been pleased with him at #9.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Necas has been really impressive. Liljegren I think is a mixed bag, strikes me as a guy with a lot of tools that may not have the toolbox for the NHL level. Would not have been pleased with him at #9.
He hasn't impressed me this tournament. Valimaki or Necas would have (also) been good choices, but I'm happy with Rasmussen over Liljegren. Looking forward to Rasmussen going over Liljegren several more times each time we play Toronto.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
So you're saying that Detroit could deal Green, and end up using one of their picks on...a younger, cheaper Green? ;)

If we had an 18 years old, future Mike Green type player in the organization, i'd be ecstatic!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Pretty good game from Kotkansalo, his passes were on point and he still looks very confident.

Kupari is realgud, he's in my top 5

I am not sure I share you concern with Hughes' defense. He has made some mistakes just like every defensemen in this tournament but he has also shown good three-zone intelligence. He obviously won't be an elite defensive defender in the NHL. If you are going to take him you need to be comfortable with the fact that his greatest defensive contribution will be getting to and moving pucks out of the defensive zone. The less time you spend in the defensive zone, the less you need to worry about him getting worked by bigger players in the corners. I think there is a certain new school of hockey thinkers that really appreciates that trait. More traditionalists, however, will focus on his physical limitations and how it will impact his ability to defend in the defensive zone.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Where do you rank Dave Lewis?

I'd rank Dave Lewis a much much better coach than Blashill, and would rather see him coach this squad, than Blash. If you're attempting to compare the two, please don't. There are many reasons to defuse the Lewis vs. Blash talk, if thats where you're headed. So, I must ask you, why are you asking about Dave Lewis?

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I am not sure I share you concern with Hughes' defense. He has made some mistakes just like every defensemen in this tournament but he has also shown good three-zone intelligence. He obviously won't be an elite defensive defender in the NHL. If you are going to take him you need to be comfortable with the fact that his greatest defensive contribution will be getting to and moving pucks out of the defensive zone. The less time you spend in the defensive zone, the less you need to worry about him getting worked by bigger players in the corners. I think there is a certain new school of hockey thinkers that really appreciates that trait. More traditionalists, however, will focus on his physical limitations and how it will impact his ability to defend in the defensive zone.
He's still number 3 on my personal list. Love his upside.
1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Hughes
4. Boqvist
5. Kupari

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'd rank Dave Lewis a much much better coach than Blashill, and would rather see him coach this squad, than Blash. If you're attempting to compare the two, please don't. There are many reasons to defuse the Lewis vs. Blash talk, if thats where you're headed. So, I must ask you, why are you asking about Dave Lewis?

Lol Dave Lewis is much much better? I think someone drunk alittle too much on New Year’s Eve. Guys season with Boston was comparable to the season blash had last year. Guy had good talent with the wings and couldn’t pass round 1 (actually he did. But he played Nashville) he got swept his first year. What makes him much much better?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
You mentioned coaches of our franchise, I was seeing where you ranked Dave Lewis as he is regarded as one of our unimpressive coaches. No need to get ultra defensive over a simple question. Have a good New Year my dude.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
You mentioned coaches of our franchise, I was seeing where you ranked Dave Lewis as he is regarded as one of our unimpressive coaches. No need to get ultra defensive over a simple question. Have a good New Year my dude.

Defensive? I just don’t see the point of asking the question if you didn’t have anything substantial to add. You as well ;)

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Necas really good against Finland today.

He is having a very good tournament so far. I like him a lot. We'll see how he pans out at NHL-level compared to Ras.

Also the top draft-eligible wingers are looking good: not just Zadina, but Tkachuk and lil Svech as well.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Zadina was very impressive today, their goalie was huge though. Tough tournament for the Finns, really tough.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Necas really good against Finland today. Zadina has been excellent also.

That's basically it, though. The Czech Republic is kind of like Detroit: a decent top 6, no defense, no goaltending, and poor coaching.

Czech coaching has been pretty good so far. No one would be able to do much more with these players imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad