World Junior Championships Fan Pool

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I wouldn't be opposed to Mr. Forever putting a team together if he likes. Theres even a few Canadians left Danault, Jenner, etc. I'm assuming we were all scared of possible suspension which is why Jenner didnt get taken.

Oct 15, 2008
hey, i don't think it's fair. also, i'd like to hear from a less misanthropic being than you, because i've already gotten your point :)

You picked him. You should have taken Yarullin or someone else if you wanted a sure thing. I take it you follow the Russians more closely than anyone here so there really is no excuse for taking a bubble player.

Shayne Gostisbehere may still get cut, or Connor Murphy who I have in my other pool. If they do I wont be looking for a replacement because I knew they could possibly get cut but I took them anyway.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
You picked him. You should have taken Yarullin or someone else if you wanted a sure thing. I take it you follow the Russians more closely than anyone here so there really is no excuse for taking a bubble player.

Shayne Gostisbehere may still get cut, or Connor Murphy who I have in my other pool. If they do I wont be looking for a replacement because I knew they could possibly get cut but I took them anyway.

well, as far as i knew pretty much every defenseman bar Nesterov from Russian roster could be cut, including Yarullin. if Gostisbehere got cut i'd let you replace him no problem, not that we are winning or losing anything in this game, it'd just be nice to have more players to follow specially.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I kind of agree that we should stick with what we picked. It got to the point where I knew almost nothing about the remaining dmen, so I took Wotherspoon just cause he was a sure thing.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I kind of agree that we should stick with what we picked. It got to the point where I knew almost nothing about the remaining dmen, so I took Wotherspoon just cause he was a sure thing.

That's also why I picked Djoos over Grzelcyk. The US were't done making cuts and they have alot of offense on their blueline.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah, I definitely would have been looking at guys like Gryzelcyk and Mike Reilly if I knew we would be able to swap them out later.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think that this is a WJC Pool...and the WJC haven't started yet...so if a team has an ineligible player, they probably should be able to replace him. I would say the same thing to the team who has Connor Murphy, as he might also not make it. Once it's 12 AM ET Boxing Day though, it officially begins, so no roster changes from there.

EDIT: Realized Blunderbore also has Connor Murphy. I still don't mind if he makes replacements, because he's defense will no matter what be pretty unrecognizable at this point.

Oct 15, 2008
No chance. You get what you get.

People picked their teams with that mindset, not the ability to switch out players that may not make it/get injured whatever.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hey ResiliantBeast, Corey Pronman said he believes Russia is going to have Makarov as their number one goalie...the goalie crapshoot begins lol

As for Blunderbore, I think you will just have to live with it. If IATL is against it, and he has Ryan Murphy who could easily sit some games, then that will be the case. I don't agree with it but that's the consensus.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
the team who has Connor Murphy

magically is my team as well. while i'm feeling stupid now i also thought that it'd be a natural thing to get a replacement from the leftovers.
why were we doing the draft before all teams made final cuts though? it's like Preds doing the expansion draft before seeing teams' protected players' lists and getting replies like "hmmm. so you pick Viktor Kozlov. ummm. nuh-uh, you ain't getting him. you wasted your pick as well, tough!"

also, Russia hadn't yet played exhibition games at the time of the draft, while Canada played two and had already made the final cut. what was i supposed to do, totally stay away from Russian players?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Hey ResiliantBeast, Corey Pronman said he believes Russia is going to have Makarov as their number one goalie...the goalie crapshoot begins lol

As for Blunderbore, I think you will just have to live with it. If IATL is against it, and he has Ryan Murphy who could easily sit some games, then that will be the case. I don't agree with it but that's the consensus.

Did the fenwick numbers tell him that?

Makarov let in four first period goals against the Swiss in an exhibition game recently. The chances of the Russians starting him are slim and none.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Did the fenwick numbers tell him that?

Makarov let in four first period goals against the Swiss in an exhibition game recently. The chances of the Russians starting him are slim and none.

You never know. Canada is still thinking about starting Subban over Binnington...

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone who has Finnish players...looking good against Latvia

Wishing I had picked Aaltonen

Last edited:

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
does any scoring cathegory contribute one point to the totals?

wow, appears that Aaltonen went unpicked in our pool. strange, i strongly considered picking him in later rounds but apparently something got across my mind. wonder why nobody took his chance.

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
does any scoring cathegory contribute one point to the totals?

Not sure exactly.

At the moment, I'm assuming it's one point per win, shutout, 40 save game, goal and assist, and half a point for an OTL loss. But honestly those are all guesses.

Points today:
Lehkonen 1
Pokka 1
Ristolainen 2
Armia 2
Granlund 1

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Did you notice that 8 goals into the tournament and the score keepers haven't awarded a single 2nd assist yet? Yeesh, welcome to Russia.

Anyone who has Finnish players...looking good against Latvia

Wishing I had picked Aaltonen

No, no you don't ;)

Apparently he got injured tonight too.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Did you notice that 8 goals into the tournament and the score keepers haven't awarded a single 2nd assist yet? Yeesh, welcome to Russia.

these might be added later, KHL sometimes tweaks the boxscores a couple hours after the game, i think the same stats guys are now working at the WJC.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
these might be added later, KHL sometimes tweaks the boxscores a couple hours after the game, i think the same stats guys are now working at the WJC.

I hope so, also Morgan Rielly's already been robbed of a primary assist ;).

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

No, no you don't ;)

Apparently he got injured tonight too.

Saw that. Doesn't look good.

Right now, they have Rattie (Rielly, Ouellet) and RNH (Huberdeau) on the board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad