World Junior Championships Fan Pool

Oct 15, 2008
Ya that line is killing it. After that it gets a bit sketchy. I think they should try a Drouin MacKinnon Rattie combo for their second line next game.

And skid Subban for Binnington.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Ya that line is killing it. After that it gets a bit sketchy. I think they should try a Drouin MacKinnon Rattie combo for their second line next game.

And skid Subban for Binnington.

Agree with everything in this post.

...but I don't think Spott is smart enough to agree with you as well

Oct 15, 2008
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Team USA will go with 6 D in game vs. GER. One of Pat Sieloff or Matt Grzelyck will be added to roster on Friday. The other will be released

Team USA wants to see how its 6 D perform as a group vs GER before deciding to take a banger (Sieloff) or a mobile puckhandler (Grzelyck).

For those asking, rosters were submitted Dec. 25 but teams can leave open spot(s) and fill at later date. CAN didn't add Drouin til Dec. 26.

RUS player Shalunov's double minor for highsticking in game vs SVK under review for IIHF discipline. Decision expected in about two hours.

........also Rasmus Bengtsson was taken to hospital last night. Yet another blow to Sweden's blue line. Sounds like he may be able to return to action sometime during the tourney, unsure of what the problem was/is.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Team USA will go with 6 D in game vs. GER. One of Pat Sieloff or Matt Grzelyck will be added to roster on Friday. The other will be released

Team USA wants to see how its 6 D perform as a group vs GER before deciding to take a banger (Sieloff) or a mobile puckhandler (Grzelyck).

For those asking, rosters were submitted Dec. 25 but teams can leave open spot(s) and fill at later date. CAN didn't add Drouin til Dec. 26.

RUS player Shalunov's double minor for highsticking in game vs SVK under review for IIHF discipline. Decision expected in about two hours.

........also Rasmus Bengtsson was taken to hospital last night. Yet another blow to Sweden's blue line. Sounds like he may be able to return to action sometime during the tourney, unsure of what the problem was/is.

I have him. He took a hard hit in the third period. He has a back injury, and they are calling it day-by-day at this point. Doctors said they'd evaluate him tomorrow and go from there, but he may miss some games

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Jake McCabe named captain. If only some around here pumped his tires earlier. Oh wait... I had him on my draft list in June.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Teravainen bumped up to the 2nd line for tonights game due to the Aaltonen injury, which is good news to me. Hopefully him and Maatta can put up some points.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Wow the Americans waste no time!

Most of them don't...Gaudreau had a goose egg :laugh:

PS: Watch the stats on the website carefully. Gibson didn't allow a goal, but he was NOT awarded a shutout because Gillies came in for the third period. So no point for a shutout. Not sure if that will happen for anyone else, but just saying

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Most of them don't...Gaudreau had a goose egg :laugh:

PS: Watch the stats on the website carefully. Gibson didn't allow a goal, but he was NOT awarded a shutout because Gillies came in for the third period. So no point for a shutout. Not sure if that will happen for anyone else, but just saying

Yeah I don't think they would award a shutout for that anywhere...

We should have some sort of appeal process though. Morgan Rielly clearly had an assist the other day that IIHF didnt give him credit for. But it's listed on TSN and you can see it in the replay.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah I don't think they would award a shutout for that anywhere...

We should have some sort of appeal process though. Morgan Rielly clearly had an assist the other day that IIHF didnt give him credit for. But it's listed on TSN and you can see it in the replay.

Usually it would have been credited as a shared shutout.

As for the Rielly one...weird. Sadly IIHF is the main source of stats, and therefore even though it was clear, their error is costing you at the moment. The below standings don't count his point.

Standings as of 6 AM ET:
Forty Ounce to Ufa - 15
Liquor's Lackeys - 11
Team OC14 - 11
ResilientBeast - 10
The Stalins - 10
dnicks17 - 10
Puck Paralyzers - 9
tv14 - 9
Mr. Forever/RNH by himself - 7

Notes:
Rasmus Bengtsson will NOT play for Sweden against Czech Republic
Patrik Bartosak WILL start for Czech Republic
Rickard Rakell missed practice but WILL play for Sweden

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Forty Ounce to Ufa - 16
Team OC14 - 13
dnicks17 - 12
Liquor's Lackeys - 11
tv14 - 11
Puck Paralyzers - 11
ResilientBeast - 10
The Stalins - 10
Mr. Forever/RNH by himself - 7

Current standings

PS, because Lassinantti didn't play shootout, Lundstrom got the win. Tough break there for 40Oz

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
That's just the way she goes I guess, gutsy move by the Swedish staff.
IIHF doesnt show either goalie getting the win for Sweden though (yet)...

Can we just use TSN for stats? The IIHF is all over the place.

Oct 15, 2008
Looking forward to the Russia vs Germany game. I need more production from my comrades.

Nice to see Bartosak get the start and the win.

Oct 15, 2008
That's just the way she goes I guess, gutsy move by the Swedish staff.
IIHF doesnt show either goalie getting the win for Sweden though (yet)...

Can we just use TSN for stats? The IIHF is all over the place.

No. Tsn has made mistakes too. Ive been burned by both sites. It is what it is. Just like the iffy reffing we get over there, we have to suck it up and take the good with the bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad