World Junior Championships Fan Pool

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Damn Paralyzer you are cleaning up in this USA game

I take back what I said about that whole "Americans are a big help" sarcasm :laugh: Trouba had 4, Gibson 3, Gaudreau 3, Miller 3

Are we counting relegation? I think we should, and I don't even have relegation players.

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Forty Ounce to Ufa-49
Puck Paralyzers-47
ResiliantBeast-42
The Stalins-40
tv14-39
Liquor's Lackeys-35
OC84-32
dnicks17-32

That's what I have, but as always, notify if I'm wrong

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Dont agree with using relegation results. That is rewarding failure. I picked my team on the basis of who would go further as I just assumed we werent counting points once teams were eliminated.

This is something that should have been clarified before the draft.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Dont agree with using relegation results. That is rewarding failure. I picked my team on the basis of who would go further as I just assumed we werent counting points once teams were eliminated.

Agreed.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Just my two cents, no one would be complaining about relegation if Finland didn't suck so much.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Puck Paralyzers-55
Forty Ounce to Ufa-51
ResiliantBeast-42
The Stalins-42
tv14-42
Liquor's Lackeys-38
dnicks17-38
OC84-35

These are the final standings, including relegation.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

as an outsider

the relugation are not counted in any official pools--so I say they should not be counted

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Did any of the other three pools on this board, or even the main board not include relagation?

Oct 15, 2008
Did any of the other three pools on this board, or even the main board not include relagation?

The "C" pool did not.

To each their own I suppose, but I wouldnt want to collect loser points as my players get extra cracks at the Germany's of the world, while the real winners of the tourney have to face tough competition in the medal round.

Youre out, youre out, that's what makes the games fun and interesting in the prelims. If you were to count relegation would you not be cheering for your players to play in that round, effectively hoping they lose?

Or for that matter why wouldnt you load up on top line players from Czech, Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The "C" pool did not.

To each their own I suppose, but I wouldnt want to collect loser points as my players get extra cracks at the Germany's of the world, while the real winners of the tourney have to face tough competition in the medal round.

Youre out, youre out, that's what makes the games fun and interesting in the prelims. If you were to count relegation would you not be cheering for your players to play in that round, effectively hoping they lose?

Or for that matter why wouldnt you load up on top line players from Czech, Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany?

Sure, if you want big zeroes for 4 games

Relegation only lasted two games for Slovakia/Latvia/Germany/Finland and one game (not relegation but placement) for Swiss-Czech. It only makes up of 33% of a team's total games.

In this case, many people in the pool did well because Finland scored in both round robin and relegation, because they were better than the standings suggested. Guys like Salomaki, Armia, Teravainen, Ristolainen (your guy) helped you gain points.

But at the end of the day, the 1st place team had a goose egg when it came to relegation. You still want to pick the winning teams because they blow out the Germanys/Slovaks/etc. early, and then still continue to rack up points against the more competitive teams because they can score against those teams.

Why pick the top players from those teams if they're closer match is the other relegated teams? They won't blow them out. This year is certainly an exception because of Finland.

Only two teams will head to a one game relegation round next year, because byes will be eliminated. Heads up.

Oct 15, 2008
Sure, if you want big zeroes for 4 games

Relegation only lasted two games for Slovakia/Latvia/Germany/Finland and one game (not relegation but placement) for Swiss-Czech. It only makes up of 33% of a team's total games.

In this case, many people in the pool did well because Finland scored in both round robin and relegation, because they were better than the standings suggested. Guys like Salomaki, Armia, Teravainen, Ristolainen (your guy) helped you gain points.

But at the end of the day, the 1st place team had a goose egg when it came to relegation. You still want to pick the winning teams because they blow out the Germanys/Slovaks/etc. early, and then still continue to rack up points against the more competitive teams because they can score against those teams.

Why pick the top players from those teams if they're closer match is the other relegated teams? They won't blow them out. This year is certainly an exception because of Finland.

Only two teams will head to a one game relegation round next year, because byes will be eliminated. Heads up.

Ristolainen had one point in relegation I believe. Big deal. Players like Granlund and Armia had multiple points. At the end of the day, it is a philosophical difference, like I said, if that is how you and others wish to conduct the pools you are in, then fill your boots, but I wont be interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->