World Junior Championship starts Dec. 19, Dec. 21 in Ottawa

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Lazar needs to use this as a confidence booster to produce at the NHL Level, it was a great desicion to send him! He was Captain Canada! Their 1st goals in 6 years!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Canada played a shut down role in the 3rd period to hang on for the win against a big & pretty good offensive Russian team. Congrats to Canada & specifically Lazar & Paul, nice to have a couple of Gold Medalists in the organization finally. Now draft Crouse & we'll have a turd, I mean a third. :laugh:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Canada played a shut down role in the 3rd period to hang on for the win against a big & pretty good offensive Russian team. Congrats to Canada & specifically Lazar & Paul, nice to have a couple of Gold Medalists in the organization finally. Now draft Crouse & we'll have a turd, I mean a third. :laugh:

MacArthur, Turris and Phillips say hey.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I guess everyone has to agree after watching world juniors that Lazar does not have that high end offensive talent like some of the other kids in TC. But, yeah he is like Mike Fisher, heart and soul, gritty type player.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I still think we sang the anthem the loudest. Scotiabank Place (at the time) was absolutely rocking for the world juniors

I remember the gold medal game. It was louder than any playoff game I've been to (including one with an OT win). Crazy loud and constant chants. Including PK! PK! :laugh:

So when will Lazar be back on the Sens? Tomorrow?

Yes Cameron confirmed today that Lazar is re-joining the team tomorrow. Life of a professional, eh.

So how was Lazar in this tourny? My lack of interest prevented me from watching. Is he still a bust?

Yes.

Damn does it mean sens won't win the Cup until Lazar gets the "C"?

It is actually reasonable to believe so, however if EK can lead on the ice and Lazar in the room I'm happy.

It will, however, make things slightly awkward when Lazar is ready for the captaincy.

I dont find it entertaining watching Canada steam roll every team and I was busy for the NYE game. Didn't even realize the gold medal game was today until 40 mins ago.

NYE was amazing and tonight was the most epic game in 6 years. Unfortunate you're not into this tournament. It is amazing hockey. It is, however, amusing that you come in here to tell us you're not interested.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
I guess everyone has to agree after watching world juniors that Lazar does not have that high end offensive talent like some of the other kids in TC. But, yeah he is like Mike Fisher, heart and soul, gritty type player.

And i dont understand all this McDavid hype. I´d take some player from Russia team before him.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
mcdavid's speed and play-making were top class, and he put up points with ease, all at 17 coming off an injury

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Yep, after all, he's 19 and has most certainly plateau'd.

Well, I guess it's still good enough for the Sens.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Yep, after all, he's 19 and has most certainly plateau'd.

Well, I guess it's still good enough for the Sens.

Everyone was 19 in that tournament. Lazar never show case any signs of extreme talent with the puck like some of the other guys on the roster. It is very evident that his top ceiling is a Mike Fisher.

Jason Spezza at 19 showed that he had top-end offensive skills.

How ever, I am happy with that Lazar is, I just wish he would be a tad faster and maybe a tad better at puck handling skills as well(but this would be asking a bit too much)

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Everyone was 19 in that tournament. Lazar never show case any signs of extreme talent with the puck like some of the other guys on the roster. It is very evident that his top ceiling is a Mike Fisher.

How ever, I am happy with that Lazar is, I just wish he would be a tad faster and maybe a tad better at puck handling skills as well(but this would be asking a bit too much)

Wow are you a professional? A professional scout is telling what a 19 year olds ceiling is. I doubt anyone here knows just how good he can get. Maybe Lazar's roll on the team wasn't to try and skate through the d and risk giving the puck up when he's the captain.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lazar doesn't have the hands to put up a lot of points or make pretty plays at the NHL level.

But, that doesn't really matter all that much with him specifically. He's one of those guys with a big V8 motor and even bigger heart. He is the kind of player teams need to win championships. He has great hockey IQ, can play with just about any style player and play to their strengths (look how he made a point of hitting McJesus on the fly so many times to give the kid the best scoring chances possible, and then fit in seamlessly on the top shutdown lines). He can shoot, he can pass, he can charge the net and get the dirty goals, he works in the trenches.....that's how you win. He'll go through a wall for the team and do it with a smile on his face.

So he won't put up Spezza-type numbers. Whooppee. The kid is a winner. He doesn't need to be carried to a championship like some other 1-dimensional soft guys.

Lazar is going to win us a Cup.

In other news, it was most satisfying seeing the Habs and Leaf fans flail around most of the tourney, trying desperately to pimp up their guys. It's pretty obvious that Fucale and Gauthier have one hell of a mountain to climb if they ever want to be legit NHLers.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Was it first time you saw Lazar playing? Why would you compare him to Spezza?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad