World Junior Championship starts Dec. 19, Dec. 21 in Ottawa

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Woo-Hoo can't wait, let's start talking WJC.

Starts Dec. 19 in T.O. against Russia, and Dec. 21 in Ottawa against Sweden on TSN.

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/schedule/league_instance/20593?subseason=165445

And yes you can buy tickets for the Ottawa game: http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=JUNIORS&cgc=

Would love to see Lazar there! :yo:

picture.php

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Haven't followed non-NHL hockey at all recently. How's team Canada shaping up? Getting tired of not winning gold :laugh:

Karlsson2Turris*

I have no hope for them. Leaving Strome, Ho-Sang, and Marner off the team is utter incompetence.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Watched the '09 WJC championship game in Ottawa again (last CND win) and watched Karlsson a little closer. Nice to see he was chosen the Sweden Player of the game.

It would be sweet to see Lazar do the same this year!

2 WEEKS TO GO!

picture.php

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Is there a timeline confirmed yet for the Lazar decision. I t has to be in the next days so the team can plan.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Camp starts tomorrow, I'd think if he was going they'd announce it today.

Ya, but they made it quite clear Lazar would NOT be going to camp, if he was to join the tournament, so time will tell. The 19th is the first pre-tournament game, so like some players, not all of them will get a shot at the first game, so he could possibly play his first game here at home Dec. 21 before the actual tournament starts, or only during the actual tournament come boxing day!

Who knows... :dunno:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
They interviewed the head scout for Canada on TSN690 and the deadline is the NHL Christmas Roster Freeze which I believe is at the end-of-day on December 19th. Teams are inclined to wait to announce in case there are injury issues just before the holiday which might impact their decision to send, or not send, a player to the WJC.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Going to be watching what Killington does and also Dergachev (possible 2nd).

For Canada, Strome, Roy, and of course Paul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad