WJC: World Junior Championship Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLBarmada

First of all without DSP and Connolly this is Canada's best team since 2005.

With then it's the best team since 2005, I believe in Visentin, same with Bunz.

The D is more then fine it's the best in the tourney, Gormley, Murray, Morrow, Pysyk etc....

Center were stacked even Russia would be jealous, hell fowards were probably the deepest.

Goalies ? Outside of Gustafsson and Campbell, who's better then Visentin and Bunz ?

Were the favorites, it's not questionable.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

First of all without DSP and Connolly this is Canada's best team since 2005. With then it's the best team since 2005, I believe in Visentin, same with Bunz. The D is more then fine it's the best in the tourney, Gormley, Murray, Morrow, Pysyk etc.... Center were stacked even Russia would be jealous, hell fowards were probably the deepest. Goalies ? Outside of Gustafsson and Campbell, who's better then Visentin and Bunz ? Were the favorites, it's not questionable.

I agree 100%.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
1) Canada
2) Russia
3) USA
4) Sweden
5) Finland
6) Czech Republic
7) Switzerland
8) Denmark
9) Poland
10) Latvia

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
First of all without DSP and Connolly this is Canada's best team since 2005.

With then it's the best team since 2005, I believe in Visentin, same with Bunz.

The D is more then fine it's the best in the tourney, Gormley, Murray, Morrow, Pysyk etc....

Center were stacked even Russia would be jealous, hell fowards were probably the deepest.

Goalies ? Outside of Gustafsson and Campbell, who's better then Visentin and Bunz ?

Were the favorites, it's not questionable.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about the goaltending and possibly the defense. Visentin is being thrust into a role that he doesn't deserve as a presumed returnee and Bunz is unproven on this stage. When Hockey Canada publically questions the goaltending you know it's an area of concern. That said, the sum of Canada is usually greater than it's parts, so minor problems like middle-of-the road goaltending can possibly be a non-factor. This isn't a roster that's going to romp though.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I think you're being a bit optimistic about the goaltending and possibly the defense. Visentin is being thrust into a role that he doesn't deserve as a presumed returnee and Bunz is unproven on this stage. When Hockey Canada publically questions the goaltending you know it's an area of concern. That said, the sum of Canada is usually greater than it's parts, so minor problems like middle-of-the road goaltending can possibly be a non-factor. This isn't a roster that's going to romp though.

Maybe some are but you can say the same about some fans of usa.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Some people might question this opinion, but I see Poland as a darkhorse of this tournament.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Even though I think Canada will win gold and hope I'm right, let's not be too cocky here. The US has without a doubt the best goaltender in this tournament and their forwards and defence aren't shabby.

Anything can happen in a short tournament and any one of 5 teams has a legitimate shot at winning gold.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Even though I think Canada will win gold and hope I'm right, let's not be too cocky here. The US has without a doubt the best goaltender in this tournament and their forwards and defence aren't shabby.

Anything can happen in a short tournament and any one of 5 teams has a legitimate shot at winning gold.

Don't get me wrong, as a rule you have to go with Canada almost each and every time. That said, there are several quality teams in this tourney and 4-5 can realistically win it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Well when you have some saying people are expecting to much of canada yet you have some that say usa will win most of there games with ease that aslo is expecting to much.

What American fans are saying that? I know I'm not. It's going to be a struggle for the U.S. to win (possibly) gold.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Well said.

BLBarmada

I think you're being a bit optimistic about the goaltending and possibly the defense. Visentin is being thrust into a role that he doesn't deserve as a presumed returnee and Bunz is unproven on this stage. When Hockey Canada publically questions the goaltending you
know it's an area of concern. That said, the sum of Canada is usually greater than it's parts, so minor problems like middle-of-the road
goaltending can possibly be a non-factor. This isn't a roster that's going to romp though.

You know it's funny how Visentin get the most blame for the meltdown, he came up huge at times, I don't like him, but just because he's had a rough start doesn't mean he shouldn't be back.

Last year after the loss, he turned in the jets and I believe he was OHL goalie of the year ? Not sure in that.

In terms of talent upfront, we know all actually know most of these kids, unlike previous years where most were known only by their respective leagues fans, and it's not cause they're popular, it's cause they're good.

We have the best centers in the tournament, regardless, the 2 most import position, we win that matchup.

By the way, the while team had a meltdown not just Visentin, don't forget that. He's received too much blame. Also Niagra isn't exactly the best team in the OHL.

As for the D ? Are you kidding me ? Who does any one else have that can touch us ?

Gormley ( best D there I believe ?)
Murray( highest ranked draft eligible d I believe ?)
Murphy if he makes it, best offensive D
Then we've got Pysyk, Dumba, Bealieu, petrovic and morrow.

Were going to be good, and we've got the gamebreakers this year.

We have like 7 of them, last year we had 2.

So yeah I think were the favourites now.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

What does that have to do with anything?

Don't get me wrong, as a rule you have to go with Canada almost each and every time. That said, there are several quality teams in this tourney and 4-5 can realistically win it.

What American fans are saying that? I know I'm not. It's going to be a struggle for the U.S. to win (possibly) gold.

Nothing wrong with what Rabid said. In fact I think it is quite accurate.

IMHO, we have the best O and D in the tournament. Having said that, goaltending has been our achilles heel and this year will be no different. If we learned nothing from last year, we learned that ONE bad period can ruin a tournament.

Simply put (again, my opinion)... if Canada needs a goalie to steal a game, we will not win Gold. If we get adequate goaltending, we will win.

BLBarmada

I believe Johan Gustafsson of Sweden to be the best goalie in the tournament.

He's the starter, in Lulea, in the Eliteserien, he has a 1.99 G.A.A and something like a 91.1 save percentage.

That's my Wild opinion, I'm surprised no Swede has brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad