WJC: World Junior Championship Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I believe Johan Gustafsson of Sweden to be the best goalie in the tournament.

He's the starter, in Lulea, in the Eliteserien, he has a 1.99 G.A.A and something like a 91.1 save percentage.

That's my Wild opinion, I'm surprised no Swede has brought it up.

I don´t know much about the other goalies in the tournament but Gustavsson is almost on par with our recent WJC-goalies Lehner and Markstrom, should be among the best.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Poland is overrated imo

1. Canada
2. USA
3. Finland
4. Sweden
5. Switzerland
6. Russia
7. Czech republic
8. Latvia
9. Slovakia
10. Denmark
11. Poland

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
1. Canada
2. Poland
3. Finland
4. Sweden
5. USA
6. Switzerland
7. Russia
8. Czech republic
9. Latvia
10. Denmark

Poland is way underrated on Hfboards

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
whoa, easy now... Poland are good don't get me wrong, but they are by no means ranked #2 in this tournament.

Fulcrum

I heard Poland get their hockey athletes from discus throwing and Javelin... that's a pretty dangerous combination

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
My homer prediction:

Coach Blais meets another President.

bill-clinton-north-dakota-fighting-sioux.jpg

capt_ee3c2fcb15164fd7af75d2f5232c2db8_obama_2008_ndab102.jpg

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I was going to predict Mikael Granlund doing some awesome play and Pierre going absolutely bonkers, but then I remembered that Pierre left TSN. :(

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I understand your English is weak but I clearly stated that I could care less if Canada wins gold or not. I don't think anyone is crying at all. I stated Canada won't compete for gold this year and why. That isn't crying, it's stating what I believe...

:laugh: I said in this thread that Canada wouldn't be a gold medal competitor this year. Nobody wanted to believe me :handclap:

Granted I thought the world of Finland. They were as close as you can be to the gold medal game without making it though :cry: I have no idea what they were thinking in that shootout, not using Pulkkinen was fairly stupid...

People thought I was crying about Canada not going to be gold worthy this year, check out the Canada vs. Russian thread for tonights game. Now that's some crying.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Granted I thought the world of Finland. They were as close as you can be to the gold medal game without making it though :cry: I have no idea what they were thinking in that shootout, not using Pulkkinen was fairly stupid...
Not really. Pulkkinen hasn't been impressive in the so for a long period and Donskoi on the other hand has been atleast fairly good for Kärpät. In hindsight, sure you could have tried Pulkkinen who has been a big part of fairly meaningless goals and physical play in the Sweden-game instead of Donskoi who has been a part of a three individual player line playing poorly, but you never know with these.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Not really. Pulkkinen hasn't been impressive in the so for a long period and Donskoi on the other hand has been atleast fairly good for Kärpät. In hindsight, sure you could have tried Pulkkinen who has been a big part of fairly meaningless goals and physical play in the Sweden-game instead of Donskoi who has been a part of a three individual player line playing poorly, but you never know with these.

I'm a big fan of Pulkkinen so I wouldn't have hesitated in putting him in. I suppose I can see why he wasn't put in but like I said, I would have had him in there for sure. I felt bad for Granlund. That shootout will haunt him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad