News Article: World Junior Championship: Minnesota Wild Edition

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Khovanov got a 2+10 9.5 minutes into the second.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Add an assist for Khovanov on Sokolov's game tying goal

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Add an assist for Khovanov on Sokolov's game tying goal
The Wild should take a flyer on Igor sokolov in the 3rd or 4th round this year,he and AK seem to have terrific chemistry.They showed it in the Russia CHL series now they're showing it at the WJC.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Should take a flyer on Igor sokolov in the 2nd or 3rd round this year,he and AK seem to have terrific chemistry.They showed it in the Russia CHL series now they're showing it at the WJC.

Would probably have to be a second. I don't know that it would be the best use of a second. Maybe he's a later bloomer, but he's AHL eligible next year, older than most guys in the Q. Has had an overall underwhelming tournament, and I don't know if the chemistry angle is enough. I mean we're talking about a long shot that any of it transfers from some junior tourneys to the NHL.

If he were still there in the fourth I'd take a flyer on him for sure. If we somehow end up getting a third for this draft I'd consider it there too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sandin has been incredible today.

If I had a dollar for every time Kirill Marchenko has had a great opportunity but failed to convert today, I'd have a lot of dollars. Still, Columbus got a good one in the second round there.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Khovy's team lives for him to score another day. 1+1 today.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would be a bold strategy to not play your highest scoring forward in the championship game, to be sure
No, I mean isn’t that a automatic 1 game by IIHF? Maybe not, I like to make things up in my head

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, I mean isn’t that a automatic 1 game by IIHF? Maybe not, I like to make things up in my head

Oh I'm not sure, he was back on the ice in the third and OT, would be kind of weird to allow him back in the game but then suspend him for the next.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Oh I'm not sure, he was back on the ice in the third and OT, would be kind of weird to allow him back in the game but then suspend him for the next.
Ok then it seems unlikely. What was the 2+10 for?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Why does he even play with a second glove if it’s just going to come off when he scores

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was looking for them...they were ok, but couldn't do much against the bigger, stronger Russians. The Swedish D like Soderstrom( who looks better than Byram, IMO), and Gustafsson/ Fagemo caught my eye far more. As older players they competed better.

Byfield is sort of in the same boat, but even worse. He hasn't done much of anything during this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00