GDT: World Junior Championship 2015

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like how there's an IIHF rule about the play being called dead when a player is in the crease, not sure how much more in the crease Lazar could've been.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
DeAngelo can't keep the puck in at the point, chases it down and has his pass blocked by Reinhart who scores the empty netter.

Larkin scores! Not over just yet

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The keep it wasn't on him the puck was rolling so never should've been passed to him, the give away was terrible though. He played good all game though and looked a little gased.

HedsUp77Up

Feb 19, 2013
I know you're supposed to play with the hand you're dealt with and such, but this game should be going into overtime at least.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Anyone watching this game? People on the main boards saying DeAngello has been really disappointing. I haven't noticed anything bad, have you guys?

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
Anyone watching this game? People on the main boards saying DeAngello has been really disappointing. I haven't noticed anything bad, have you guys?

No how quickly people forget. He's been pretty good was prob the best D man for the U.S ( maybe hanifin) against Canada. But no one mentions that.

fritobandito2

Jul 2, 2014
I thought he looked slow and hesitant.

Not engaged in physicality and actually backing off due to fear of hits.

I was disappointed in his play.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I thought he looked slow and hesitant.

Not engaged in physicality and actually backing off due to fear of hits.

I was disappointed in his play.

I didn't see that.

Overall I think you can call this tournament a success so far for DeAngelo. He was able to handle the wjc and not do anything dumb to put the US in a bad situation. He was able to keep his emotions in check. Offensively, he scored a big goal in the Canada game and was on the ice a lot looking for the tying goal late in the game. That's a big vote of confidence from your head coach in a huge game.

Here's his goal vs Russia
SandyTatteredAfricanwilddog.gif

Last edited:

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I didn't see that.

Overall I think you can call this tournament a success so far for DeAngelo. He was able to handle the wjc and not do anything dumb to put the US in a bad situation. He was able to keep his emotions in check. Offensively, he scored a big goal in the Canada game and was on the ice a lot looking for the tying goal late in the game. That's a big vote of confidence from your head coach in a huge game.

He did take 2 penalties today. Didnt get great looks at either of them, so I cant really comment on the quality of the calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He did take 2 penalties today. Didnt get great looks at either of them, so I cant really comment on the quality of the calls.

I mean more the penalties he usually takes when he's off his game and unravels. I don't think either of them were like that, but I'll have to take another look at them.

US eliminated. Larkin getting into it with some Russians after the game. DeAngelo and a few other US players on the ice were a part of it in some way, but the camera didn't show how he was involved.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
DeAngelo had a great game, probably most ice time for US for defensemen. The 2nd penalty was a joke as it was a follow through from a shot which is high sticking according to IIHF. The entire US was taking penalties like crazy. Demko didn't have the best of games and the forwards were a non factor. Eichel is the worst looking potential #1 I've ever seen. DeAngelo looks like he'll be a hell of a PPQB for us which we can use about now, his own zone play is still a work in progress but not a dumpster fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad