News Article: World Hockey Championship

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Congrats Canada. From an embarrassingly awful tournament start to the Gold Medal. In a tournament mostly devoid of stars, our depth comes through again.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
Congratulations World Champion Cole Perfetti at age 19.

Yes, he only played 2:38 ice time but effectively. Nice for him to be part of the celebration after the semi-final scratch.
upload_2021-6-6_15-43-33.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Congratulations World Champion Cole Perfetti at age 19.

Yes, he only played 2:38 ice time but effectively. Nice for him to be part of the celebration after the semi-final scratch.
View attachment 444168

Yeah, what a great experience, and a nice addition to the trophy cabinet.

I love that he's one of maybe 3 players in the tourney incapable of growing a beard...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Congrats to Cole and team Canada on the Gold. He played well in his limited minutes and knowing him likely learned a lot by picking the brains of the NHL players on the team. Good way to end the year.

Now he needs to go train hard and work on his skating some more in order to be ready to claim what I am assuming will be Stastny's vacant top 6 spot next year.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Congrats to Cole and team Canada on the Gold. He played well in his limited minutes and knowing him likely learned a lot by picking the brains of the NHL players on the team. Good way to end the year.

Now he needs to go train hard and work on his skating some more in order to be ready to claim what I am assuming will be Stastny's vacant top 6 spot next year.

So I assume you changed your mind when you said earlier in the thread that he would probably be better off finishing up the season in the AHL?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Love the game, love the result…but no one should be looking at coaching based on this tournament. It’s not the same as the NHL.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
What a weird tournament. Congrats to team Canada, well deserved win though I would've said the same if it had gone the other way. Perfetti seemed good the little he played. Was the first full game I watched of this tournament though I usually watch all the FIN games at least. This year hockey just has had way less interest for me than usually, so much other things going on and the pandemic still messing with the quality of hockey. Canada has insane depth, though to be fair that team Finland also was something like the "C" squad, there was 14 first timers in the tournament. Loved the way the team played when I watched it, seemed very tight and organized. Would've loved the first back-to-back championship for Finland.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Love the game, love the result…but no one should be looking at coaching based on this tournament. It’s not the same as the NHL.
No but after watching the dumpster fire of the last two games it’s time for a change. It’s either the players or the coach and it’s hard to evaluate the players if they have only had one coach in 8 years and the same PP, PK and zone coverage system since the 2017-18 seas0n.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
P
So I assume you changed your mind when you said earlier in the thread that he would probably be better off finishing up the season in the AHL?

I dislike that he didn't play more and I still question if he wouldn't have been better off playing big minutes on the Moose in their last 4 games and having a longer summer for training.

Still he has a gold medal and likely learned from the pros over there so I think he still got something out of the tournament.

Looking at it from a glass half full perspective.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Didn't watch at all but great for Canada to be back on top!
(also totally forgot Perfetti was playing but awesome start to his international career)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
For his limited role Cole still managed 2 goals and 1 was a game winner. He contributed with roughly on average 4 min a game. He now has learned from some NHL vets how they approach the game and all the intricacies that come with it. Work hard on skating, strength and conditioning this off season. Keep on developing kid sky is the limit.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Really impressed that team Canada won this year considering the start and the roster. I'd really like to see Gallant behind the Jets bench (won't happen, but it would be nice). The experience is going to be a big boost for Perfetti's confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00