News Article: World Hockey Championship

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Happy Cole could get on the board. Hopefully he can keep that up now that he has settled in a bit.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Canada needed help to make the playoffs, and since Germany beat Latvia today, Canada is in the quarter-finals, against Russia. Not sure, but I think that game is tomorrow.
It was off but Canada would have advanced if Latvia won. Only an overtime game would have eliminated them. Sweden did not advance. Very close tournament this year.

Reactions: hn777 and trebendan

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Has Perfetti got more then 3 shifts tonight?

Gallant benching one of his better performing forwards because he's young. Where have I seen this before cough Columbus cough

He'd definitely end Maurice's "vet preference" :laugh:

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
To be fair, Maurice played Laine from day 1 - "He does things in practice that no one else in the league can do" or something to that effect.

If Perfetti can blow Mau's socks off, he might get a shot at some minutes, especially because he's not eligible for the AHL next year. But the bar is extremely high to bypass the vet preference.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Gallant is way worse then Moe in that regard imo.

If there is a role.for a young player they tend to get it once they earn his trust.

Given how fast he he advanced to the top.line under Vincent while playing a strong all around game he will do the same under Maurice.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hopefully Chipman is watching. I hear the coach for Canada is looking for a job.

I still think they're going to give Maurice part of next season. It's the wrong move, but it's what I feel they're going to do. It's frustrating. How can you look at this team and think the coaching is good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad