Aug 2, 2005

and in GIF form
VfPbOB.gif

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That's awesome.

Meanwhile, that reminds me, if LBJ leaves Miami, I guess that "not 2, etc." bull **** is just plain bull ****, eh?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...n-to-announce-decision-at-united-nations.html

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—N.B.A. superstar LeBron James said Tuesday morning that he would announce the name of the team that he is signing with on Thursday at a special session of the United Nations General Assembly to be convened especially for that purpose.

“This decision affects everyone on the planet,†James said. “I want to let all the nations on Earth know at the same time.â€

:laugh:

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
just saw the recap. Oh wow, i thought the US gave up on defensive plays near the goal. Thank god for save percentage or all our games would look like half of what Germany did to Brazil.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal

As an outsider looking in, I won't find it hard to believe if this is Brazil's current mood right now, especially when it's Argentina vs Germany.

In a baseball context, that would be like Mets vs Red Sox if you're a Yankee fan.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005

As an outsider looking in, I won't find it hard to believe if this is Brazil's current mood right now, especially when it's Argentina vs Germany.

In a baseball context, that would be like Mets vs Red Sox if you're a Yankee fan.

I would add to that by saying its more like Mets vs Red Sox at Yankee Stadium with about half the crowd being Yankee fans and the intensity and importance ratcheted up at least triple what it would be at a Sox/Yankee game.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
One thing that's so interesting about football is that although it is frequently a low-scoring game, poor tactical deployment and decisions combined with an opponent who exploits those decisions can result in staggering defeats.

Here's a good breakdown of the Germany-Brazil game.

Zonal Marking said:
There were two key reasons Germany won. First, Muller (and Khedira and Lahm) broke in behind Marcelo, who endured a horrendous opening first half hour. Second, the midfield pressing was intense, enabled by the high defensive line, and Germany refused to let Brazil play through midfield.

Everything was carried out brilliantly, but it wasn’t actually a particularly complex approach from Germany, and you sense they had another gear if required. By the second half, they were surely saving themselves for the final, with substitute Schurrle attempting to play his way into the XI.

Literally everything went wrong for Brazil. Perhaps the selection of Bernard sums it up best – it was a hugely surprising decision, and was it partly because Bernard is a Belo Horizonte boy, and received a tremendous reception from this crowd when he played in this stadium at the Confederations Cup last year? Maybe Scolari was trying to replace Neymar’s popularity, rather than his attacking impact. The effect on the pitch, of course, was that Brazil were horrendously broken into two sections – not that Bernard was, individually, at fault.

This was a colossal failure on every level, however. Scolari has taken the blame, and some of his selection decisions must be questioned. But the long-term question is more serious, and must concentrate on why Brazil has stopped producing world-class attacking players – which meant a dependence upon Neymar, underperformers like Hulk and Fred guaranteed of their place, and a cynical, aggressive and sometimes dirty approach which turned many neutrals against Brazil, once the home of beautiful football.

This is basically what happened to Spurs every time we played Liverpool, Manchester City, and (who the **** knows why) West Ham last season, when we got thumped by scores like 5-0.

Ron*

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there was probably a plethora of other issues with this girl. I would be hard-pressed to believe that she was a happy-go-lucky person who was so totally devastated with the loss she decided 70 more years on this planet wasn't worth it.

I just hate articles written in such a way and in such brevity they don't bother to dig a bit deeper to see the real reasons of an event, in this case a tragic suicide of a young person.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there was probably a plethora of other issues with this girl. I would be hard-pressed to believe that she was a happy-go-lucky person who was so totally devastated with the loss she decided 70 more years on this planet wasn't worth it.

I just hate articles written in such a way and in such brevity they don't bother to dig a bit deeper to see the real reasons of an event, in this case a tragic suicide of a young person.

Ditto.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad