World Cup SF: Sep 10 GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
go kim johnsson said:
What a great job by Finland.

Anyone want to argue that Miikka Kiprusoff isn't for real?

He's an excellent goalie but the finns won it because they are a team and they play sooo well disciplined! If ever defensive hockey can be entertaining, this was.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Better team won, despite refs doing their best to hand it to team USA.

How the hell did Amonte escape penalty??? Unbelieveable.

Jyroe Habs Fan

Aug 23, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Saku Koivu is a leader and champion no question about that. :handclap:
He always play his best when the game is important (Playoffs or World Championships).
Kipper is for real Flame Fans.
Great Job by Finland. They could easily win it all. :)

DevMod9

TheBigBadB said:
Leetch is terrible defensively...Every time he was on the ice Finland had a chance to score...Its time to hang'em up...

I think the Finns could smell the fear emanating from Leetch's jersey. They attacked like a pack of dogs when he tried to scramble with the puck deep in his own zone.

Burnaby_Joe*

Fake Plastic Sabre said:
Wanna play any other sport other than hockey and beat us?

Didn't think so....

Just like your "Dream Team"? :lol

Burnaby_Joe*

Fake Plastic Sabre said:
I could care less about basketball. By the way, where did the Canadians place in that sport? ...

What's the American hockey team up to? :lol

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
As I'm on record :) as stating before the tourney: A Canada-Finland Final coming up.

Finland obviously has the goaltending, blueliners and defensive forwards to win low scoring hockey games. My only doubt was their ability to score clutch goals, but that hasn't been a problem.

By the way, only 2 % of over 75,000 voters at the nhl.com poll picked Finland to win it all (over 15% picked Slovakia).

I considered the Finns to be way underrated.

Though Canada will still take it all in the end, :yo: as predicted before the tourney, 4-1 over Finland.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
chicpea said:
The NHL needs to get as many american fans as possible. From their standpoint it's a great penalty [/end conspiracy]. What makes me so angry is that they haven't called a thing all period and now this. Typical.

Eveything is a god damn conspiracy with you canucks...

There was many penalties missed both ways, but that hit was all elbow to the head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad