World Cup: Sep 5 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I think Russia will walk over Slovaks.

6-1 Russia. Ilya scores 3 times.

Aahh... I have 1 week holiday so I'm able to watch these late games.
02.00AM local time :yo:

Kasparov*

What a shame the rest of the games are being played at the ACC and not the bell center.......

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I predict bad, bad things for Slovakia. This is the last International event Miroslav Satan captains... frankly he never recovered from the olympics.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I always predict wrong scores, but Russia should win this one if they play at least like last night (except for the goal scoring part).

High flyin' Habs*

Kasparov said:
What a shame the rest of the games are being played at the ACC and not the bell center.......

Truly is a shame. :shakehead

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Mr. Penguin said:
I think the Slovaks want to win this one more, so I predict a 3-2 win for them.
Exactly.

Slovakia is hungry and full of talent. I haven't watched them play this tourney but they've got the horses in Hossa, Nagy, Demitra, and yes, redemption is a good game away for Satan. Both Stumpel and Zednik need to not be a liability and the trio of Orszagh, Petrovicky, Bartecko have to defend well.

If Jan Lasak starts in net then they can win this game and the quarterfinal against Russia as well. I watched Lasak shine at the Memorial Cup as he carried his team to the Canadian juniors finals a few years ago. He is the real deal. Stana should be pulled.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
So I didnt want to start another thread about this so:

There are a lot of changes for tonights game. Healthy scrathces are: Budaj, Hlinka, Suchy, Obsut, Somik and Petrovicky.

The new lines are:

Lasak
Stana

Chara-Lintner
Visnovsky-Mezei
Strbak-Cierny

Nagy-Demitra-Hossa
Satan-Stumpel-Zednik
Bartecko-Cibak-Gaborik
Orzsagh-Pavlikovsky-Radivojevic

I hope they work (the changes).

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
I say Slovakia plain outworks the Russians tonight, but because of poor defense and goaltending Slovakia only wins by a score of 4 to 3.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
H/H said:
I don't see why, Russia are doing quite fine right now.

Many would like to see this super talent playing, but I agree with you.
He is still young and he'll eventually get his change to show up at the big games.

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
Probably on the Toronto sports radio station's website. I don't know what that is, ask someone on here or Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad