Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
France got this but they will loose the final
No, they won't lose the final. I think this SF match will be tougher to win. Not that Morocco are better than Argentina, they are not, but France relies on the counter and Morocco will give them the ball. France has enough talent to break them down, but it is clearly not their preferred "strategy".

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
This is the first time Morocco will run into a team that doesn't want the ball so much tbh.
Croatia, Belgium, Spain, Portugal... None have that punch that France does with their speed and quickness and finishing ability. And as far as I know, half their defense is injured (?).

I'm hoping for a FRA - ARG final, will be rooting for France. Even if it's hard to not root for the underdog.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
jesus, i've seen what you've done for Spain and Portugal and i want that for France

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I still don't get why France's best CB hasn't started, but at least he's rested
There has to be something weird off the field with him for him not to be playing and for Arteta waiting so long to pull the trigger. On the field performance clearly isn’t the issue here, but there’s got to be something

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They have the greatest Euro CB on RB....
Got to put him somewhere. Luckily hasn’t burned them yet, but I think part of the Meta this year is you are seeing teams use an extra CB at one of the fullback spots, so the opposite fullback can go on suicide runs. I mean look at France; Theo is basically a French Trent. Arsenal does this too with White and Zinchenko. What we aren’t seeing is a lot of the LFC style dual attacking FBs as much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Got to put him somewhere. Luckily hasn’t burned them yet, but I think part of the Meta this year is you are seeing teams use an extra CB at one of the fullback spots, so the opposite fullback can go on suicide runs
Wait until a fresh ADM runs at him...

speaking of which I hope Scaloni toys with the idea of Cuti as RB to negate Mpabbe.

Acuna-Lisandro-Ota-Cuti

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wait until a fresh ADM runs at him...

speaking of which I hope Scaloni toys with the idea of Cuti as RB to negate Mpabbe.

Acuna-Lisandro-Ota-Cuti
Honestly I think that’s a way to get Cuti red carded. I don’t think he should change too much. But I do think he will need to set up wider than he did against Croatia

Rabiot is a big miss, he's been very very good this tournament. Who comes in for him? Cama or Fofana?
Think it’s Fofana

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Romero would 100% get sent off matched up against Mbappe, zero doubt
Got to put him somewhere. Luckily hasn’t burned them yet, but I think part of the Meta this year is you are seeing teams use an extra CB at one of the fullback spots, so the opposite fullback can go on suicide runs. I mean look at France; Theo is basically a French Trent. Arsenal does this too with White and Zinchenko. What we aren’t seeing is a lot of the LFC style dual attacking FBs as much.
Healthy Chelsea have the dual attacking FBs in James and Chilly, FWIW.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Romero would 100% get sent off matched up against Mbappe, zero doubt

Healthy Chelsea have the dual attacking FBs in James and Chilly, FWIW.
But they are usually playing 3 CBs too. Was more so talking about back 4 alignment

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mbappe would run past him and he'd just stiff arm clothesline him lol
I get that EPL fans underrate him and think of him as no more than Otamendi in city but he has the complete trust of the NT. The only goals that he has allowed while on the field is against Saudi.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I get that EPL fans underrate him and think of him as no more than Otamendi in city but he has the complete trust of the NT. The only goals that he has allowed while on the field is against Saudi.
Oh this has nothing to do with underrating him, I know he's a good CB (although you do overrate him :D)

I'm talking about him as a greasy defender, not as a bad one! I have vivid memories of him holding a fistful of Marc Cucurella's curls

Fofana comes in for the ill Rabiot, Konate for the ill Upamecano.

Morocco switch to a back five for the first time in this tournament

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Also Australia

Friendly fire doesnt count. Well for me at least. This is why I have Canada at 1 goal

Oh this has nothing to do with underrating him, I know he's a good CB (although you do overrate him :D)

I'm talking about him as a greasy defender, not as a bad one! I have vivid memories of him holding a fistful of Marc Cucurella's curls
Dont see it. I mean he gets compared to grandpa silva for instance.

He's extremely dirty but this is a final he's not that dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad