• France

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Morocco

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Will be interesting since France will have to break down that defensive shell. Nobody has been able to so far.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yes, that's harsh on them. France obviously has tons of injury problems too, but obviously have the depth to cope with it.

Yeah, that's crucial for Morocco. So many injuries and long matches too could catch up on them.

Interesting to see how France approaches the match. Morocco clearly don't want the ball, so how will France adapt their play if the have the ball say 70% of the time and counter attacks are out of the question.

Will they accept to keep possession of the ball and try slower build up, or will they try more direct approach and try more up tempo, direct low-% passes and be willing to accept more turnovers.

Interesting individual battle will also be PSG teammates Mbappe and Hakimi going against each other on the flank.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Boufal is showing the right spirit though, as will all the players IMO. There's no bad blood between these two teams.
Boufal saying after his game he was a french supporter and hoping to meet them in the semi.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
France is the only team left that I'd rather not win, so here's to Morocco doing to the french what switzerland did 18 months ago :yo:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Morocco will have the gas or talent to compete. They have some injuries now and it will be a lot to get over to beat France.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I was just looking, Morocco only let in 3 goals in qualifying and didn’t lose a single game.

In the WC just 1 goal against. So if we count qualifying plus WC, they’ve played 13 games and let in just 4 goals. They’re a wall.

But, Mbappe is in top form and Giroud is feeling it too. Plus Morocco’s finishing is truly bad, so if they go behind I’m not sure how they’ll respond to being in that situation against a team like France. They feel more comfortable trying to hold a lead or playing for penalties.

Will be an interesting match.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
France can't waste time passing the ball around like Portugal the entire 1st half. The French will have to go balls to the wall all out offense early to grab a goal, longer game goes on 0-0 the better for Morocco.

France don't give a sh*t about destiny though, I think they'll the do the job and Morocco run ends here.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
France can't waste time passing the ball around like Portugal the entire 1st half. The French will have to go balls to the wall all out offense early to grab a goal, longer game goes on 0-0 the better for Morocco.

France don't give a sh*t about destiny though, I think they'll the do the job and Morocco run ends here.

Yes, Morocco lulls team into the false sense of security letting them control the ball and then striking out of nowhere.

Or being happy going to the penalties.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I do feel like if France scores than it's over.
But I could see them not scoring for 500 minutes in this block.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For the last 40 years, which is 11 WC, France's results are :

82 : lost in semis on pens after some digusting reffing that should have seen us through and potential favourites in the final. Could have really won this if not for obvious reffing.
86 : lost in semis
90 : not qualified
94 : not qualified
98 : winners
02 : group stage crash as favourites
06 : final, penalties
10 : crash group stage
14 : QF, lost 1-0 to eventual winners
18 : winners
22 : at least semis

That's got to be among the top if not the top team during that stretch.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
For the last 40 years, which is 11 WC, France's results are :

82 : lost in semis on pens after some digusting reffing that should have seen us through and potential favourites in the final. Could have really won this if not for obvious reffing.
86 : lost in semis
90 : not qualified
94 : not qualified
98 : winners
02 : group stage crash as favourites
06 : final, penalties
10 : crash group stage
14 : QF, lost 1-0 to eventual winners
18 : winners
22 : at least semis

That's got to be among the top if not the top team during that stretch.

Yeah, I'd say them and Brazil. Maybe Germany as well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hugo would be the 1st modern day GK to win 2 WC's, yes?

While he has never been the best in the world, where would someone who has so many honors for country with so little club success since leaving Lyon rank in listings of GK's?

Sort of a better Chris Osgood? A very good player boosted to great team success by those around?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Hakimi vs. Mbappe is a mouthwatering matchup, given their respective qualities and their personal friendship.

Hugo would be the 1st modern day GK to win 2 WC's, yes?

While he has never been the best in the world, where would someone who has so many honors for country with so little club success since leaving Lyon rank in listings of GK's?

Sort of a better Chris Osgood? A very good player boosted to great team success by those around?
At his peak, he was probably a top five GK, and his position as captain of those teams boosts him above a Chris Osgood type.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Yeah, I'd say them and Brazil. Maybe Germany as well.
Germany:
82 Final
86 Final
90 Winner
94 QF
98 QF
02 Final
06 Semifinal
10 Semifinal
14 Winner
18 Group Stage
22 Group Stage

Qualified every time. 2 group stage exits are worst results. At least semifinal in 7 out of 11 and 5 Finals. A bit better than France in that particular time span. Obviously fair to say that in the last 25 years France has been better as all their WC wins come from that time span.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad