Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Doesn't look like Croatia is getting "curbstomped" as some suggested would occur. Croatia even with Brazil in the half on possession and had some chances. Croatia would have to be happy with the half. Brazil were up 4-0 against Korea by now but this is a stronger test.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know midfield control is Croatia's strength but I also think it's a bit of a weakness in terms of how many opportunities the midfield misses on to pass it to the open fullback out wide and then to put the cross in. Happened multiple times even from Modric, Sosa making a run in space out side and he turns and passes it back instead.
Hasn't been the best of halves from Modric but everybody gets nerves even with his experience and in fairness Brazil pressure around the pitch as well as anybody so its often a question of having to avoid landmines in the forms of picked plays. Both sides having some less than stellar plays where they give up the ball needlessly. But result of pressure, footsteps and a tight game. The longer Croatia keep Brazil off the sheet the better for them of course.

Just another comment that Croatian coach took bold move to sub Modric earlier in last match in hopes that Croatia would still advance and that Modric would have some legs for this match.

Croatia probably aiming to do a Morocco.
If you're watching Croatia carried the play as far as getting into meaningful areas and challenging box. Some dangerous crosses and Perisic walking right into edge of box with a free shot. he should have done better. Croatia had arguably better chances in first half. They took some initiative.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Brazil going with an attacking lineup. Love it.

Their possessions schemes are a little stale, but I do like the way Tite's lining them up; it's basically the 4-1-4-1 that I want us to play with Wirtz & Musiala in front of Kimmich.

Eh. Ok with that, but would love an England win just to make Platini and FIFA sad.

I can't even imagine how obnoxious english fans would get if they ever won...I think I'd rather deal with Evilo or see Brazil move two stars ahead of us :laugh:

Hopefully knockoff-Kruse can lead the argies to glory and spare us any of those outcomes

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Jesus....total fire drill in front of the net there.

edit: **** thankfully not a pen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Doesn't look like Croatia is getting "curbstomped" as some suggested would occur. Croatia even with Brazil in the half on possession and had some chances. Croatia would have to be happy with the half. Brazil were up 4-0 against Korea by now but this is a stronger test.

Was anyone reasonable saying they'd get curbstomped? Or just our biannual visitors?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sorry I don't like rewarding despots with World Cups when the English bid was a lot better. He was always dumping on EPL teams when Ligue 1 was god awful. He was biased and I'm glad he got his in the end.

You're mad at the (then) head of UEFA, for the decisions that FIFA made? That seems odd...

...not even getting into what happened the last time the english were trusted with an international final...

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Oh finally they're getting Kramaric off the field. Surprised Brazil put Rodrigo on instead of Martinelli though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad