World Cup QF: Sep 8 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I'm very excited with how Canada's played since the ten minute mark of the first, but a slow start like that against a stronger opponent could mean doom should we make it to the next round. Hope it's just that they had trouble getting motivated for this one.

Oil_slick9416*

Well, my prediction just went to hell in that period,Good job boys, Smyth is having one heck of a game, so i iggy. Brodeur looks very confident out there, batting pucks in mid air and popping them into his glove, dangerous, but looks awesome.... keep it up!

Kasparov*

Well i predicted 4-0 and really felt confident about this game, IMO i saw it as a SURE win. I came through, hooray for me! :handclap:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well that game went pretty much as expected, bring on the Czechs! That should be a great game!

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
No matter what happens from here on in, Canadian hockey looks to be in pretty good shape. The ammount of young talent coming of age at the same time is very impressive. Big,fast,skilled complete players. I guess we can stop worrying about why we can't produce skilled players for a while. Should be a fun game Saturday. I imagine, it will be Doan's job to lean on Jagr a bit, can't wait.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
mcphee said:
No matter what happens from here on in, Canadian hockey looks to be in pretty good shape. The ammount of young talent coming of age at the same time is very impressive. Big,fast,skilled complete players. I guess we can stop worrying about why we can't produce skilled players for a while. Should be a fun game Saturday. I imagine, it will be Doan's job to lean on Jagr a bit, can't wait.

Not to mention the guys who aren't playing (Tanguay, Bertuzzi, Blake, Pronger). Canada was in a bit of a lull around Nagano, but everything goes in cycles. Like you said, even if Canada loses there won't be a big controversy about how Canada "can't compete anymore."

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
The Big line came out in a big way. Good to see Iginla playing like Iginla.

Anyone else find that Chara had another rough one? I've seen 3 Slovak games (2 vs Canada one vs USA). He looked good against the USA throwing people around, taking the body, and pissing off a bunch of American forwards.

Today he seemed lost, indecisional, made plenty of mistakes and didn't take the body.

Maybe now that the Slovaks are done we will see a possible injury. :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I found it in poor taste that Chara was booed when announced he was player of the game. Probably was already feeling like crap...

Then again, he's a key member from the Leafs' number 1 rival at the moment, so it is understandable. Ottawa fans probably would have booed Sundin.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
The Albino said:
I found it in poor taste that Chara was booed when announced he was player of the game. Probably was already feeling like crap...

Then again, he's a key member from the Leafs' number 1 rival at the moment, so it is understandable. Ottawa fans probably would have booed Sundin.

I found it looked like he was crying...

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Not that it matters, but Iggy should have had a hattrick tonight.. that 1st period non-goal was a goal.. the puck went through Lasak's arm from the original shot and was going in already before Iggy 'knocked' Lasak into the net

It'll be interesting which Czech team shows up

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The Albino said:

Haha I felt pretty bad too, but thats professional sports I guess.

Everywhere Chara plays now it seems like he hears the boos because of his freakish size. I guess thats a sign that he has earned the respect of hockey fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad