World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The winner of this game plays the winner of Canada/Slovakia. This is not an IIHF event so it is not an IIHF elimination format.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
The winner of this game plays the winner of Canada/Slovakia. This is not an IIHF event so it is not an IIHF elimination format.

I thought they crossed over after their quarterfinal. Actually I am pretty sure they do. If Canada wins they play the winner of the sweden/czeck game while Finland plays the winner of the States/Russia game

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Seven_Nation_Army said:
our team is just to damn slow old and cancerous tumors (Hull & Tkachoke) to beat the Russians, I'm actually hoping the Russians crush us, to get USA Hockey to think outside the box

We beat them in Columbus. Granted, it was an exhibition, but it's still a win. The U.S. as a team is not slow, rather it's been the work ethic and level of determination that's had to change. I think that was evidenced in the Slovakia game. If the U.S. puts the pedal to the metal they can win this game for sure.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
4-2 Russia (two goals in the third period). Russians are on a roll and like someone has said USA is just too slow.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
go kim johnsson said:

Nope.

They do cross over.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TORRUS said:
4-2 Russia (two goals in the third period). Russians are on a roll and like someone has said USA is just too slow.

How do you explain the game in Columbus, or the victory over a younger, seemingly faster Slovak team?

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
How do you explain the game in Columbus, or the victory over a younger, seemingly faster Slovak team?

The game in Columbus was jut an exhibition game.

They beat the Slovaks by a slimmer margin than Russia and Canada did.

:teach:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
It's going to be a very hard game to win for Russia, nothing like the first meeting last week. The US even with slow and aging forwards will play desperate and use the momentum to get the W.

But I'm not making predictions, too scared for that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Rob said:
The game in Columbus was jut an exhibition game.

They beat the Slovaks by a slimmer margin than Russia and Canada did.

:teach:

My point is even with an "aged and decrepit" line-up the U.S. has proven, if it sticks to a system can win.

DevMod9

I wouldn't be surprised to see the U.S. forwards take their play up notch. They will have to play stellar to prevent the quick strike capabilities of the Russians from exploiting their porous defensive corps. Puck control, aggressive forechecking and maintaining speed through the blueline will be critical for the U.S. tonight. Its imperative for Ron Wilson to implement a strategy that will bottle the immensely talented Russians in their own zone (much easier said than done:)) . I have a strong suspicion its a one goal game either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad