World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss hockey

Sep 6, 2004
Helsinki
i think that russia will win 3-1, when playing they're in a class above the americans.. :yo:

i think also that russia is better apponent for finland, as we always play well against russia. :lol:

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Found it on TSN
http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/news_story.asp?id=97871

Robert Esche, in the nets for losses to Canada and Russia in the preliminary round, was to get the goaltending start. Rick DiPietro played against Slovakia.

"It's status quo, except our goalie is different,'' Wilson said of his lineup for the elimination game against Russia. "We did what we needed to do (last Friday) and came up with a lineup with some balance."

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Really?

WC 96 : QF Russia 5, Finland 0
OG 98 : Russia 4, Finland 3
OG 98 : SF Russia 7, Finland 4
OG 02 : Finland 3, Russia 1

that's 3 losses in 4 games

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
I hope Russia will humiliate team USA. It's team Russia's time to show what they really are able to do.

5 - 1 Russia!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
both times I've made a prediction,team USA has lost,so I'll avoid the predictions :D

Let's go's team USA :banana:

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I wonder if there will be more Canadians or more Americans watching this game tonight. It would be interesting to see the television ratings afterwards.

I'm Canadian, but I'm still totally looking forward to this game. I dont know who I'll cheer for yet, just as long as they tire each other out.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I have a good feeling about the US tonight, I think Esche will keep them in it enough for his team to win it with a decisive goal in the 3rd period.

3-2

USA

Winner by Guerin in the 3rd.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
3-2 USA !!!! Russia will come out flying, but USA will overcome the barrage and win ! Esche shines once more . :bow:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Esche scares the hell out of me. So does Guerin and Takchuk and many others.

ZDogg

Aug 10, 2004
Lethbridge, AB
I used my psychic powers and came up with this prediction.

4-2 Russia
Kovalev
Datsyuk
Kovalchuk
Samsonov

Drury
Tkachuk

:deadhorse The russians will be on Esche like a rented Mule. He won't be able to stop them all this time.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Russia has so far been the best team after Canada in the tournament. I think they'll go past the US with ease.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
H/H said:
Russia has so far been the best team after Canada in the tournament. I think they'll go past the US with ease.

WHy did u have to say that...now they are doomed :shakehead
P.S Nothing is given with russians :teach:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Whatever happens I'm glad with what I've seen from the Russians so far. I expected to see some weak bunch of players (nothing like a team), but I was really wrong, the atmosphere around the team is great, no stupid individual plays.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
ZBORNAJA said:
WHy did u have to say that...now they are doomed :shakehead
P.S Nothing is given with russians :teach:

I said thr Czechs would win against Sweden, but that didn't doom them did it!? :cry:

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Whatever happens I'm glad with what I've seen from the Russians so far. I expected to see some weak bunch of players (nothing like a team), but I was really wrong, the atmosphere around the team is great, no stupid individual plays.

I agree..Defence is still suspect and PP is still bad but otherwise this team showed me the best play so far in terms of chemistry since 1993...I hope this is really the turning point for russian hockey

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Looks like Ovechkin is playing. They showed him in warmup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad