World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
4-2 Russia, the last one being an emptynetter.
Should be an excellent game.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Both teams have problems. Enjoy the win whomever.

It'll be their last in this tourney.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
VanIslander said:
Both teams have problems. Enjoy the win whomever.

It'll be their last in this tourney.

I disagree. Finland appears to have much bigger problems than either team, right now...and that will be the team that the winner faces.
The Finns are facing huge dissent in the dressing room, plus coaching problems.
I think either one of these teams will beat Finland.
I doubt either would take Canada in the Final, however.
We'll see.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Steveorama said:
I disagree. Finland appears to have much bigger problems than either team, right now...and that will be the team that the winner faces.
I think either one of these teams will beat Finland.
I doubt either would take Canada in the Final, however.
We'll see.

Let's not count or eggs early, eh? ;)

IF Canada beats Slovakia on Wednesday, they're in real tough versus either the Czechs or the Swedes.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Do you believe in redemption? YES!

If Hull plays, he could be a huge factor in this game.

Regardless, I'm going with 3-2 Russia in OT.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Rabid Ranger said:
Yes! Reverse psychology!

our team is just to damn slow old and cancerous tumors (Hull & Tkachoke) to beat the Russians, I'm actually hoping the Russians crush us, to get USA Hockey to think outside the box

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Seven_Nation_Army said:
our team is just to damn slow old and cancerous tumors (Hull & Tkachoke) to beat the Russians, I'm actually hoping the Russians crush us, to get USA Hockey to think outside the box

My thoughts exactly.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Cloned said:
If Hull plays, he could be a huge factor in this game.

I think we've seen Brett play his last game in a Team USA uniform. I've never seen him this angry...atleast openly. If he had problems in Detroit, they were kept quiet. He came out in the media said some very harsh things. If somehow he does play, I hope the American fans get on him good.

As for the game itself, I expect a better effort from Team USA. Pride has to kick in at some point. They got a win against the Slovaks which is atleast something. I'm hoping for Esche to go back in net for this game although he's 0-2. He's been the MVP so far for this team and I think he can be a Richter-like player for them if they want to go on a run in the playoffs. In the end, I think the Russians are just too quick and skilled. They're playing very inspired and are a team on a mission. Bryzgalov won't have to be a wall because the Americans don't mount enough of an attack offensively. The Russians will win because of their volume of scoring chances and the odds will catch up to Esche in the end.

Russia 3, USA 1

I'm looking forward to a new era in American hockey in the next World Cup...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Shoalzie said:
I think we've seen Brett play his last game in a Team USA uniform. I've never seen him this angry...atleast openly. If he had problems in Detroit, they were kept quiet. He came out in the media said some very harsh things. If somehow he does play, I hope the American fans get on him good.

As for the game itself, I expect a better effort from Team USA. Pride has to kick in at some point. They got a win against the Slovaks which is atleast something. I'm hoping for Esche to go back in net for this game although he's 0-2. He's been the MVP so far for this team and I think he can be a Richter-like player for them if they want to go on a run in the playoffs. In the end, I think the Russians are just too quick and skilled. They're playing very inspired and are a team on a mission. Bryzgalov won't have to be a wall because the Americans don't mount enough of an attack offensively. The Russians will win because of their volume of scoring chances and the odds will catch up to Esche in the end.

Russia 3, USA 1

I'm looking forward to a new era in American hockey in the next World Cup...

Agreed on all fronts.

I think Wilson made a ballsy decision and he deserves credit for making the right decision to sit a player who wasn't producing.

What I was referring to in my earlier post was the possibility that Hull could suit up. It's possible, although certainly not probable at this point. I would think that if Hull did dress (somehow), he would play better, if only to prove something.

Last edited:

High flyin' Habs*

This game will be a matter of who wants it more, im going with Russia.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Winning twice in a row against team that will surely come more determined hmmm..
It all depends whether russia can turn one gear up also...Defence still has some lazy lapses and PP is bad...With those 2 things imporoved a little and attitude from the first game i predict 4-2 Russia...Otherwise 3-1 USA :)

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Steveorama said:

Interesting, I haven't heard anything about this.

Has anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->