GDT: World Cup of Kicky Ball!!!1 (and beyond)

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Our defence is scary but we are well organized, as always. In attack we can always invent, the first goal is cleary prepared in drills and Mario is Mario. England played fairly well, all in all a very enjoyable game.

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
Just coming in here because I want to say I saw the thread title and laughed. Swiss goal was entertaining too

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Game's not even til tomorrow night, but I'm pumped:

BqDTs0mCYAEkQ0q.png

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Hey France, thought that was frustrating? Try going through all that in 105 degree weather in Pedro San Sula w/CONCACAF referees.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Anyone else hoping Germany draws Portugal in a few hours? If that happens and we beat Ghana, it's more or less a given we advance. I'm pretty sure all we'd need is 1 point in two games.

Or maybe I'm over simplifying :laugh:

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Germany in the 1 spot is pretty much a given. I'd rather they blow Portugal out to be honest. In that scenario a win vs Ghana and draw vs Portugal would probably be enough to get through.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Anyone else hoping Germany draws Portugal in a few hours? If that happens and we beat Ghana, it's more or less a given we advance. I'm pretty sure all we'd need is 1 point in two games.

Haha, you're a Canes fan...haven't you learned not to say "all we need is..."..."this should be easy".

On a side note...WHY is arguably the best American to ever lace them up not in this WC?? He's not exactly using a walker yet.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

If they draw and both beat Ghana they would have 4 points. So if the US only got 1 more point at best they would tie Portugal or Germany with 4 points and lose to the other. Then they'd have to hope for goal differential, which they likely won't have. The US is rooting for Potugal to get straight up dismantled this afternoon.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If they draw and both beat Ghana they would have 4 points. So if the US only got 1 more point at best they would tie Portugal or Germany with 4 points and lose to the other. Then they'd have to hope for goal differential, which they likely won't have. The US is rooting for Potugal to get straight up dismantled this afternoon.

You're forgetting the very likely scenario where Germany and us both win today and we draw the Portuguese and Germany unintentionally intentionally plays us to a 0-0 draw just to keep Portugal out of the knock out stage.

Something like that wouldn't be unprecedented.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
You're forgetting the very likely scenario where Germany and us both win today and we draw the Portuguese and Germany unintentionally intentionally plays us to a 0-0 draw just to keep Portugal out of the knock out stage.

Something like that wouldn't be unprecedented.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Imagine all the crow Jürgen Klinsmann will have to eat after we outright win this B**** :D

I assume that would be quite a tasty crow.

I'd settle to see a game where the US scores 3 goals in a competition that isn't the Gold Cup. So far this WC has been very exciting, high scoring, and relatively unpredictable.

So 0-0 US/Ghana incoming.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, Germany's taking the #1 spot, pretty much no matter what. The goal is for them to beat Portugal like 3-0 or more, to get Portugal's differential down.

If Portugal wins today, we've got no shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad