GDT: World Cup of Kicky Ball!!!1 (and beyond)

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Rizzoli to officiate Spain-Holland, now i am sure this will be the first evenly officiated match of the world cup.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
In Twellman's defense, he's taken more than a few hits to the head, so we know he's not all there. Tripp on the other hand....

Tripp was a professional goalie. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't beaned in the melon plenty during his playing days.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Compared to the rest of the group, they do. What can we realistically hope for? Loss to Germany, beat Ghana, tie Portugal? Maybe? IF everything goes the right way and Rinaldo's injury acts up.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Compared to the rest of the group, they do. What can we realistically hope for? Loss to Germany, beat Ghana, tie Portugal? Maybe? IF everything goes the right way and Rinaldo's injury acts up.

Again, no they don't. Yeah, two of the teams are better, but that doesn't mean we 'suck'.

Portugal isn't really that great either. Keep your defensive shape and they could be had easily.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Our defense is atrocious and Altidore can't play well against anything resembling decent competition.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If we can get a point against Portugal, I was a funny feeling Germany will unintentionally, intentionally play us to a draw, just to keep Portugal out of the knock out stage.

Though before all that, we still gotta beat Ghana. But it's okay cause they're not Ghana win.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Our defense is atrocious and Altidore can't play well against anything resembling decent competition.

Jozy has always shown up for the national team. His club form means **** in regards to this tournament.

Defense isn't atrocious, it's mediocre. Running the 4-2-3-1 really relieves the pressure on the back four.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Jozy has always shown up for the national team. His club form means **** in regards to this tournament.

Defense isn't atrocious, it's mediocre. Running the 4-2-3-1 really relieves the pressure on the back four.

Didn't he not score a single goal last world cup?

His international goals come against like Poland and Nigeria (obviously) IIRC.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Didn't he not score a single goal last world cup?

His international goals come against like Poland and Nigeria (obviously) IIRC.

No, but he played fine. Hit the bar against England, set up the equalizer vs. Slovenia and was fantastic against Algeria. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't play well.

I guess Spain and Germany are what they used to be then, if we're comparing goals vs. them to goals vs. Poland and Nigeria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad