OT: World Cup of Hockey

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah it's pretty insane to blame Kessel for that. The entire thing was a debacle from the start with the Bylsma/Shero love fest.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
all I want now ....is to see kessel sitting in the stands at the world's, with the cup in the chair next to him.......and all the fans rushing over to take his picture while the game is going on. :) beautiful!

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
I'd rather not have any Penguins in this mickey mouse tournament. It's been a long year and I have no doubt several of our stars are nursing injuries. Especially a guy like Letang.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Faulk is 50 times the defenseman Johnson is.

That may actually be underselling Faulk.

That or you really have no respe't for Johnson. Not that you should, necessarily. Even if he is the greatest Sid BFF evar.

I know at one time Faulk was a borderline defensive liability / all offense out there, although that might've been made worse by the quality of the team and them just deciding to try to outscore teams... but sounds like he's improved quite a bit. I didn't see much of him this year.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Doughty, Burns, Weber, and Pietrangelo. Who shouldn't be there?

There were bigger snubs on Team Canada. Someone like Taylor Hall should have made the team. Especially with how well he clicked with Crosby at last year's World Championships, and how difficult it seems to be to find a winger to click with Sid.

I would easily take Subban over Pietrangelo. For that matter, I'd just tell him to try practicing on the left side of the ice for the summer and just leave Muzzin off the roster. Take your 7 best defensemen to the tournament.

Really, though, Team USA is the one that seems to think it's still 1996 with the way they've constructed the roster. There's no other way to explain the utterly baffling decisions they made pretty much all over the roster.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
I know nothing about this tournament other than "hey, its another thing Sidney Crosby is going to captain a team to victory to!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad