GDT: World Cup of Hockey Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
On other news, Vanek just forechecked the puck out of the corner and drove straight to the net.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
2013-14 Crosby was probably the best.

After that, certainly no. Not even in top5, but that s more of a discussion.

Okay, sorry, I misread and thought the original comment said "one of the best". There's zero argument he's not one of the best in the world. Not top five? Really?

You can at least make an argument he's not number one, though I still disagree.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
On other news, Vanek just forechecked the puck out of the corner and drove straight to the net.

He had a pretty great game, and *almost* iced it with a goal when Europe was up 2-1, but the Swedish defenseman raced back and saved it after it passed Lundquist.

I'm not super pumped about Nino missing the next week of camp, but it's still pretty cool to see them get this far when pretty much everyone was writing them off as a joke from the beginning.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't worry, Nino will be well rested. He is getting the least amount of TOI of anyone on TE, and by a long shot.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Don't worry, Nino will be well rested. He is getting the least amount of TOI of anyone on TE, and by a long shot.

That s good, is it? Less minutes, less probability for injury.

I hope they healthy scratch him for the finals of this ponyshow.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
There's zero argument he's not one of the best in the world. Not top five? Really?

Well, I think like this:

1. Hart winner = The best player
2+3. Norris/Vezina = The next 2 best players for that year.

Thats the top 3. Then the rest are up to discussion.

4th player, probably Price since he can turn Edmonton into a league leader by himself. This guy gets hurt and the whole franchise caves like Wild in playoffs.

5th is free. I d put Crosby here for winning the Cup and being the MVP for the cup run.

6th could be Ovie for winning the rocket again.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
5 seconds left in the game, Vanek with the puck on a 2 on 1, and he passes it.

You can take Vanek out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of Vanek. :sarcasm:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nino has been invisible. Hopefully he has been saving himself for the season, and this isn't an indication of his talent level.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nino has been invisible. Hopefully he has been saving himself for the season, and this isn't an indication of his talent level.

I saw a highlight of him maneuvering around the zone with the puck and getting one of Europe's better scoring chances, but was only half watching the game.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He is only getting like eight minutes a game.

Yes, I saw that. He and Draisaitl seemed to be hooking up early on in the tournament, but then he his playing time dwindled, I'm guessing because he didn't earn more. Bellemare seemed to have more trust of the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad