GDT: World Cup of Hockey 2016 Discussion

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If you guys had been watching the NA vs Sweden game in which Mackinnon scored in OT, you'd be more on board with this tournament :D

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
If you guys had been watching the NA vs Sweden game in which Mackinnon scored in OT, you'd be more on board with this tournament :D

The NA games in general have been a blast to watch, but I still don't really want any of our guys to ever take part.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Tatar is having a good game. Nielson is having a solid if not silent game. Vanek has been mostly invisible other than the saved breakaway.

Good showing from the Wings players so far

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Tats!!!:laugh:

Besides the NA games this was probably one of the best I saw. Kept me the most interested until the finish.

Agree our guys Nielsen, Tatar, and Vanek played well.

Credit to Europe but what is up with Sweden? To have that much skill and firepower, they looked somewhat asleep this tournament, disappointing as a fan. Karlsson is still money though.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
his foot was moving away from crease so it wasnt intentionall...not sure if i spelled it right :D

I only caught one replay as GC shut off quickly but it looked to me like he kicked the puck towards his stick..Regardless Tats is my favourite and I'm going for Team Europe despite being Canadian.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I only caught one replay as GC shut off quickly but it looked to me like he kicked the puck towards his stick..Regardless Tats is my favourite and I'm going for Team Europe despite being Canadian.

the puck actually hit his skate twice in that sequence. first one looked like a kicking motion but he was able to get his stick on the puck. second time the puck bounced off lundqivst pad into his skate and then back into the net.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Well that's ****ing great Tatar... ****ING GREAT.

That goal just embodies what i think of tatar, so much love and hate.

Can't help but to feel happy for the guy right now though

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Just saw the highlight. I take everything I said about Tatar back.

He made fine plays

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Probably the best game I have ever seen Tatar play. Reminded me a lot of his AHL MVP run in terms of having a huge impact in the proceedings and being the best player on the ice today in my opinion. However this is better competition which is why I think this was his best game.

I hope this is huge for his confidence, our offense needs him and Nyquist to step up and shoulder the load.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nielsen has been solid defensively all tourney, Tats has been realgud in many of the games, and Vanek has been much better as the tourney has gone on. Mrazek looked like he's going to have a fine year...

Quit giving me hope you ***holes.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Tatar looking good with Helm not playing on his line. That should give our coaches a clue, hopefully.
Tatar also looked good with Helm on his line.

(Kind of unfair, because he's been successful with just about everybody he's played with in his career. He was even good with Drew Miller and Joakim Andersson).

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Tatar has the sort of johnny on the spot luck that good goal scorers have

It is kind of concerning though because it has nothing to do with his skills necessarily, its just a goal scorers sort of intuition/ timing to be at the right area of the slot/ crease to bury like he did tonight against Canada and earlier against Sweden

Like he could score 20 goals this year or upwards of 35, to me he is sort of unpredictable that way, and it probably comes down to usage/ opportunity in terms of where he lands in that range. He seems like the type of guy whose shooting percentage will fluctuate every year and confuse the stats crowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad