GDT: World Cup of Hockey 2016 Discussion

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I want to hope for Canada...but Babcock has put together the most boring defensive team Canada roster possible. With so many skilled players to choose from I don't know how we ended up with this...So Let's go U23!

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'm cheering for the U23 team, hope Larkin gets some playing time with McDavid!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
According to practice reports Larkin is on the 4th line and is getting no powerplay time not even 2nd unit

Hopefully he plays well enough to move up in the lineup

Larkin vs Nielsen, Vanek, and Tatar tonight will be fun or watch

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
According to practice reports Larkin is on the 4th line and is getting no powerplay time not even 2nd unit

Hopefully he plays well enough to move up in the lineup

Larkin vs Nielsen, Vanek, and Tatar tonight will be fun or watch
That sucks to hear...
Yup definitely watching that tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sad about Larkin, happy about Marchy good job buddy.

Edit: says Marchenko got an assist, shot redirected?

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Took this from the main board, thought it was interesting.

TSN: If you had a secret poll of 30 general managers and you said two names: Eichel, Matthews--you can pick one for your franchise for the next 8 years. How do you think it would break down?

The response:

Custance: I think it would go Matthews, probably by a hair. And the reason I say this is that's a question I asked a lot because Auston missed that draft by whatever it was--2 or 3 days--yea, so just out of curiosity I said, 'Well, how would this draft had slotted if Auston was a few days older?' and pretty consistently guys would say 'McDavid's still the you know, he's in another stratosphere (and you know let's be real there) but then it would probably have gone Auston Matthews, Jack Eichel'

I had the same opinion on this, for the most part. Curious to see TZE's take, since I know he is a big Eichel guy.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...d-have-easily-made-u-s-national-team-1.562329

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Took this from the main board, thought it was interesting.

I had the same opinion on this, for the most part. Curious to see TZE's take, since I know he is a big Eichel guy.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...d-have-easily-made-u-s-national-team-1.562329

I still like Eichel more, but Matthews has closed that gap in my mind to where it is extremely close.

Matthews is going to be better defensively, I just don't think he will be quite as dynamic offensively in comparison to Eichel. It is really a coin flip scenario. By the way both are considerably better and will be for their careers in their own zone than McDavid. However McDavid is going to be the best offensive player in the league shortly.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I watched some highlights and not impressed by quality of hockey. We will see if things pick up but an international tourney at this stage of the season doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe younger players have more energy and have things to prove in this tournaments.

Point of interest for me is how Team North America plays against Team Canada and Team USA. we alwasy talk about youth vs veteran to death in this forum and it will be interesting to see how younger players prevent space/play of team Canada. Also interested how they are able to play their own game vs team USA.

Personally I think they are going to have a lot of trouble against men's team but with their speed, they maybe able to surprise some.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I watched some highlights and not impressed by quality of hockey. We will see if things pick up but an international tourney at this stage of the season doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe younger players have more energy and have things to prove in this tournaments.

Point of interest for me is how Team North America plays against Team Canada and Team USA. we alwasy talk about youth vs veteran to death in this forum and it will be interesting to see how younger players prevent space/play of team Canada. Also interested how they are able to play their own game vs team USA.

Personally I think they are going to have a lot of trouble against men's team but with their speed, they maybe able to surprise some.

Well these are only exhibition games...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad