GWT: World Cup - Group H (Portugal and South Korea Advance)

Who Advances?

• Portugal

Votes: 46 88.5%
  • South Korea

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Ghana

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Uruguay

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Best Portuguese forward by far
lol not even close.

Fairly attacking line-up from Santos. I don't like Guerreiro starting over Mendes though. I would have loved for Antonio Silva to start but that was never going to happen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lol not even close.

Fairly attacking line-up from Santos. I don't like Guerreiro starting over Mendes though. I would have loved for Antonio Silva to start but that was never going to happen.
Better than anyone else on the current roster at the minimum

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Calling him the best is already a big stretch, calling him the best by far is absolute drivel. End of it.
Who is better on current roster?

It’s not Felix, it’s not Silva, it’s not Ronnie, it’s not Ramos. Leao is better but he is a winger. So who is better?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Man I love Bruno and Dalot but if Portugal get knocked out and don’t score, I wouldn’t be upset. Would mean I wouldn’t have to hear and see Ronaldo on my screen. I don’t think I’ve ever genuinely hated an athlete or celebrity because there’s always more to them than what’s shown. With Ronaldo, there’s been time and time again where he’s proven to be a shitty person but it’s always covered up because he can kick a ball well. Genuinely f*** Ronaldo. I hope he’s knocked out of the World Cup in the group stage and no team signs him and that massive ego.

Reactions: blkhawk

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Spectacular seat!

PXL_20221124_155432335.jpg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You would have thought that in this group constellation a win would be massive in this match. But of course the reason a win would be massive is also the reason a loss would be massive. In an interesting illustration of human psychology both teams' fear of potentially being put into a deep, deep hole already at the start outweighed the aspiration of gaining a major advantage.

Really? I'll admit I was only half-watching but it seemed to me like both teams were trying to score the best they could

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I like Otavio a lot in the starting 11. I hope this World Cup is his coming out party, he's been lights out every time I've seen him. Don't like the weakling Felix and the over the hill Ronaldo picks though. Better options on the bench.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Really? I'll admit I was only half-watching but it seemed to me like both teams were trying to score the best they could
Both tried to score as much as they could while maintaining their shape. Neither team was willing to take a ton of risk i.e. commit men forward in numbers.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I like Otavio a lot in the starting 11. I hope this World Cup is his coming out party, he's been lights out every time I've seen him. Don't like the weakling Felix and the over the hill Ronaldo picks though. Better options on the bench.
I like Felix and think he could work with the wingers they have. Issue is I think him, Bruno, and Bernardo take up a lot of the same positions and play the same role. You need someone better than Ronaldo as your finisher if you have all 3 of them on the field.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think Ghana got pretty lucky there. Easily could have been viewed as a fair challenge.

Either way, the official should have held his whistle for a few seconds so that if a goal went in VAR could give him a second chance to look at it they felt it necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad