GWT: World Cup - Group G (Brazil and Switzerland Advance)

Who Advances?

• Brazil

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Serbia

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I think Schär has been way better than Akanji in the PL so far. A beast for a very good Newcastle. It’s actually not bad at all on paper that CB pairing. But the fullbacks might be an issue though.

Crazy first half. Either it’s 0-0 or it’s crazy like this lol.
I think Akanji is the way superior player in general, also being way younger than Schär. Schär is prone to incredible errors which you will never see from Akanji.

That offside trap was amateur hour from the Serbs. Made Sow and Widmer look like prime Iniesta and Dani Alves.

Vlahovic cutting his hair makes me a LITTLE less gay for him ...
Now Vlahovic looks just like another war criminal like half of their team.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I think Akanji is the way superior player in general, also being way younger than Schär. Schär is prone to incredible errors which you will never see from Akanji.

Now Vlahovic looks just like another war criminal like half of their team.

Except when he scores own goals against Sweden :naughty::D Just kidding. That was just unlucky. I agree that Akanji has higher potential. Schär nothing special before this season also. So might just be a product of Eddie Howe and an autumn where everything has worked out for them.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Except when he scores own goals against Sweden :naughty::D Just kidding. That was just unlucky. I agree that Akanji has higher potential. Schär nothing special before this season also. So might just be a product of Eddie Howe and an autumn where everything has worked out for them.
Schär showed great potential when he played for Basel and then stalled a bit. Now with Newcastle he's showing what he's capable.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Vargas and Freuler, arguably the Swiss' worst players in the first half combine for a great goal. If I were Petkovic I'd change all their defenders and defensive midfielders in a swoop, the subs can't be worse than this. They can score two more but they'll concede more with this "defense"

Reactions: bolt thrower

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Plenty of time for Serbia, and they should be buoyed by the fact they scored twice in the first half, needing two now in the second. Definitely can’t concede again, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad