World Cup Discussion

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It seems like team USA wanted to get more grinders than skilled players. I mean how else does Callahan make it over Tyler Johnson or a Phil Kessel? I think they figure they have two pretty skilled lines and the other two they want to wear down the other teams. Not a bad strategy but if they can't slow down some of these other stacked teams they may be in trouble.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Remember when Rob Zamuner was on the Canadian Olympic team? At least, I'm pretty sure Rob Zamuner was on the '98 team, or someone very similarly profiled to him.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Team Sweden and Team Finland play today at Noon and then Team Russia will face Team Czech Repubic as well as Team North America take on Team Europe later tonight so there will be some Bolt players in action today (Hedman and Strålman for Swe, Filppula for Fin, Kucherov, Nestrov and Vasy for Rus, Palat and Sustr for Cze Drouin for TNA).

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Team Sweden and Team Finland play today at Noon and then Team Russia will face Team Czech Repubic as well as Team North America take on Team Europe later tonight so there will be some Bolt players in action today (Hedman and Strålman for Swe, Filppula for Fin, Kucherov, Nestrov and Vasy for Rus, Palat and Sustr for Cze Drouin for TNA).

The team NA vs team Europe game shows up on ESPN 2...can't find the other two games on my cable. Anyone know what channel is broadcasting the other 2 games today?

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team NA vs team Europe game shows up on ESPN 2...can't find the other two games on my cable. Anyone know what channel is broadcasting the other 2 games today?

Yup, saw this, guess if someone wants to check it's worth leaving here:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hedman as expected with Stralman. Filp centering a line with Lehtera and Teravainen. Start of the game pretty chippy out there between the Swedes and Fins. Couple of scrums already. Filp on #1PK and #1PP. Stralman on #1PK and #2PP.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Pastrnak and Palat on same line couldn't see the third. Kucherov as expected with Ovi and Kuz. Vasilveskiy not playing.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
An ok first period between Sweden and Finland, you could tell that it was the first game after the summer but it got better as the period went on.

Two somewhat fights have already happen and you can tell that there is a lot of rivalry between these two teams but it only make things fun.

Strålman took a big hit from Komarov (sp?) and the way his leg was out I was worried that he got hurt in it but it looked like everything was fine, everyone jumped in to help him which was nice to see.

The only complaints I have was StrÃ¥lman on the PP since that’s not his thing and you could tell but he wasn’t terrible at it either.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Palat against Kucherov 3x times now. Sustr on against Malkin thusfar. Seems to be the Czech's are matchig. Nesterov shows up as well. Lots of Lightning represented in this game ... loving it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Thanks for the info on the Rus-Cez game Werewolf.

I'm happy that all the games at the wch will be at seperate times so you can see it all if you want.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Shot by Hedman, rebound, pass, and score. Should get the apple on that. 1 -1 Finn vs Sweden.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Kuch with an assist on PP goal by Tarasenko. Cheap assist on a routine play ... but apple nonetheless.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I really have to get better cable. Couldn't watch any of today's games. Looking forward to tonight. Hockey!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad