World Cup Discussion

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you guys really want Johnson going? He is injury prone, and will mess up his upcoming season, then again if he has another down season, he won't be getting paid as much as expected. There is some extra money that can go to someone else. Since it is all about the cap right?

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Do you guys really want Johnson going? He is injury prone, and will mess up his upcoming season, then again if he has another down season, he won't be getting paid as much as expected. There is some extra money that can go to someone else. Since it is all about the cap right?

I want him going.... To another team. If the choice is between him and Stamkos, it's easy for me.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I want him going.... To another team. If the choice is between him and Stamkos, it's easy for me.

Yeah Johnson is more expendable than I think most realize. He's "core" but I take Stamkos at 8.5 over Johnson at 6.

I am fine with sending players. Hope they don't get injured.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah Johnson is more expendable than I think most realize. He's "core" but I take Stamkos at 8.5 over Johnson at 6.

8.5? Like that number he turned down already?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Considering Tarasenko pulled a disappearing act in the WCF and is making 7.5 currently, I'd GLADLY take Johnson at 6m who also pulled his very own disappearing act at times, I stress, at times, any day of the week.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The Kucherov's, Johnson's, Hedman's, Killorn's disappearing acts are getting magnified because no one else was capable to help them. Only a fresh and determined Drouin was able to keep up. But it's still that core who put the Pens on the brink of elimination, it's still that core who, for the first and maybe only time in 2016, beat the Pens twice in a row. They're still very, very good players, but they're humans.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Not that anything is offical but after two practices Hedman and Strålman have been pairing up, not that I wouldn't have minded seeing Hedman with like Karlsson but if it helps the two of them once the season starts (since there was some struggles once Strålman came back from his injury) then I'm all for having them pair up, but like I said it's still early, team Sweden plays against Finland on Thursday so we'll see more then (and also get to see Fil, congrats to him on the 'A')

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm am really worried that one of our boys will get injured during this tourney.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With so many Lightning players involved, I figured we needed a thread for this sooner or later. The Lightning have twelve players spread through the tournament.

The real reason why I'm making the thread is because, apparently, Jonathan Drouin had a scary incident with an open bench door today. All appears to be fine now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad