World Cup - Bobrovsky

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Remember in the final minute of the last game in the 2013 season, against Nashville, when Bob stopped 3 or 4 in-close shots in 10 seconds, purely on reflexes? That's what the final minute of this game reminded me of.

I remember, it was sick. Praying for groins, missing hugs :sarcasm:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Early in the game, but Bob has saved the Russians on several occasions thus far....twice on shirt handed opportunities by the US.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I want to root for Russia, just for Bob's sake. But they really, really don't deserve it. They're giving Canada golden opportunity after golden opportunity. Some of the worst D I've ever seen at this level. The best we can hope for Bob is a heroic loss.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
or if Bob can steal a win. He's looking pretty damn good right now (first half of the Canada game). Imagine if he had just a DECENT blueline in front of him!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
x
I want to root for Russia, just for Bob's sake. But they really, really don't deserve it. They're giving Canada golden opportunity after golden opportunity. Some of the worst D I've ever seen at this level. The best we can hope for Bob is a heroic loss.

I agree......What's potentially exciting is if the Bob of this Cup series is the guy that mans the net for us this season.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I'm not concerned about Bobrovsky's capabilities, I'm concerned about how he holds up over the course of a season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not concerned about Bobrovsky's capabilities, I'm concerned about how he holds up over the course of a season.

I agree, for the most part. We've seen some great stretches by Bob since the Vezina year. Unfortunately each of those stretches are interrupted by injury, and then he starts out slow again.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Huh? T also worry about Bob's health. But Bob was healthy but horrible at the beginning of last year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Huh? T also worry about Bob's health. But Bob was healthy but horrible at the beginning of last year.

Lundqvist has been the most consitent and best goalie (year after year) since hes come into the league and is a horrible starter aswell. They are humans, bad stretchs happen. Is the start of the season ideal? No but heres to hoping another offseason gameplan, new defensive coach and a better D then we've maybe ever seen translates into something better for everyone

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Nice jinx by the announcers. :laugh:

"Bobrovsky's save percentage is .947 against world class talent..." *Marchand scores*

Edit: Me and my big mouth. :facepalm: Canada finally prevailing.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No, they're reserved for a Team Not-Fair along with Canada's offense. :)

Team Not-Fair is every part of Team Canada. How about just splitting Canada into 3?

I was opposed to messing with the national team character of the tournament but there's a lot to be said for competitive play. And let's face it, hockey is more like cricket than soccer in terms of geographic reach and parity. They've had a "Team West Indies" in cricket for as long as I can remember.

That and I'd love to see a Canada East team (my home team).

Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Drouin - Mackinnon - Huberdeau
Duclair - Brassard - Perreault
Perron - Killorn - Burrows

And some guy named Dubois.

Vlasic - Letang
Scandella - Savard
Beauchemin - Demers

Luongo
Fleury
Crawford

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Canada's 'dominance' ends as soon Babcock is replaced as head coach with any other than Quenneville or McLellan. On so thin ice it is after all.
Material has very little to do with it after all.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Sergei Bobrovsky has played 184 games for the Blue Jackets.
In that time he has faced 5,464 shots. That equals 29.7 shots per game.

Let's assume for a minute that the CBJ defense is better this year and he faces 28 shots per game. That's not quite 2 shots per game less.

Let's assume he gets 60 starts for the CBJ this year. At 60 games times 28 shots is 1,680 shots he will see.

His WCOH save percentage for 4 games was .930. His Veznia trophy season (lockout shortened) was .932.

If he has a .930 save percentage, that means he gives up a goal every 0.07 shots. He would allow 117 or 118 goals. At 60 games that is less than 2 goals per game.

I would sign on for that right now, and take the teams chances with the other 22 games to get in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad